Kulan: Bard's Gate PbP Campaign (IC) [Game Cancelled]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Shrough has to hide a laugh in a cough and does so fairly well. He does not even try to hide the smile and sidelong glance at Sargent Longmantle though.

He spends the walk back in Idle conversation on the shop owner, Lady Mar, with Vak'tiel.

"As far as helpful folk go, She could become very valuable given her skill in potions."

Bluff to conceal chortle as cough
bluff: 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17

Trogdor1992

First Post
[MENTION=6801163]Chuckfar[/MENTION] [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION]

"So are we all headed back to the inn then? I wouldn't mind getting a couple more drinks in me after all of that. I'm also curious how the innkeeper might be faring."

Scott DeWar

"Here try a swig of this. Yes, we need to return back. Shall we, then?" he passes the bottle of wine he had been drinking from. It is a light and sweet berry wine, Blackberry by the taste of it.

Trogdor1992

First Post
Vak'tiel takes a swig of the wine and passes it back. "No offense but that was not made for the likes of me. I had forgot you elves like your drink weak and fruity."

Scott DeWar

"Well, getting hammered by strong drink will get you places you may not want to be. Like prison or dead or poisoned and near death."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Jagr accepts Dongar's invitation to dine. Upon being approached about the note Jagr continues to speak in Draconic. "That is a most unusual note. Do you think that the writer guessed where it would arrive or is he somehow adding to the note because he can sense where it is and in who's hand it has been placed.?" Jagr takes up the note and says to it, "I Jagr am here as well and ready to know more." He shrugs wondering if their will be some response. "I have some skill as a hunter. What skills do the others possess. That might tell us something of what this S. H. has in mind."
Once the note is in Jagr's hand, the language of the script changes on the page. Soon he is looking at a perfect script of his own native language. The message does not change except for the final postscript, which now reads: "Jagr Misthunter, I am glad you have arrived safely. You are the second. Sarten was the first. Please gather with him and the others on Market Bridge once more than six of you have arrived in Bard's Gate. You will receive directions that will guide you in the quest that must be completed. Please make sure Mr. Wilie is there as well. He can direct latecomers if the rest of you do not wish to wait."

Kisep shakes Jagr's paw, although obviously uncomfortable. "Thank you, sir. Of course I did not mean to be insulting, and to be honest I do not know if my friend is indeed the one who has given us these notes. It would be a very remarkable coincidence for anyone else to have the same initials, however, and the same method of communication."

The kenku takes a seat next to Jagr before asking Aileen for a bowl of water. "A mug is not the easiest way to drink with a beak," he explains to the catfolk. "Allow me to introduce myself; I am Kisep, wandering bard, and this," he motions for the raven who is now finding a place to sit on one of the empty chairs nearby, "is Cousin Corvus. We are far from home, and I would think that you are, too, my feline friend."
Aileen brings Kisep a bowl of water along with some cut up lemons and limes, as well as a strange purple fruit shaped like a moon. Dongar picks up a large piece of the purple fruit and pops the whole thing into his mouth. He takes a swig of his drink afterwards. "Very good."

More patrons offer the kenku bard their thanks for the stories and soon his hands are full of silver. The performance went over very well, indeed. He has more than enough for his room and food.

OOC: Perform (oratory) check: [roll0]
OOC: Great performance: Kisep makes 18 silver for the Ogre (3d10=18).

Scotley

Hero
Jagr shares the change in the note with the others. "Most interesting. I wonder what someone with such magical power to command needs with a simple hunter like me? Do you know who the others might be? At least four it would seem."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Hammerhand Family Room:
<To Ninian>
"It's a pleasure to meet you Ninian, but good little boys sleep so they can rise like lions in the morning."

"If you do, I'll tell you the story of the reluctant werewolf and what shenanigans he got into."
Ninian swaddles down under his fluffy covers and closes his eyes. He is soon fast asleep with the promise of future tale-telling.

<To Winkile>
Boyra looks down at the little Fremlin with a smile.

"Greetings, little Pooka."

"I'd imagine that you are the guardian of this house hold"
"I am Durst's guest and friend. He saved me from a very big racoon in a city call Perten far to the south. I grew up in the streets there. I've never left his company since. He, Aileen, and Ninian are my family now. I guard them as much they guard me."

<To cousin Willie>
After some sort of response, he then turns to cousin Willie.

"I feel as if this is instrumental to what brings us all together."

"The gods have told me nothing yet, but is very suspicious behavior."

"What have you heard?"
"I know very little beyond what I told you at the bridge. I did bring the note I received about your and the others arrival. I left it downstairs with that nice kobold fellow. He was sitting with Dongar. The kenku bard was in the middle of a story for the patrons when I came up here." He pulls out a small loaf of bread and breaks it in half. He gives Wrinkle the bigger piece and then breaks the bread again. He gives one piece to Borya and eats the other. "In the morning, you and the others should all gather on the Market Bridge, that's what my note says," Wilie replies with his mouth half full.

"Helman might uncover something about this S.H. person. He has a lot of contacts throughout the city. It will take time, but if S.H. lives in Bard's Gate, Helman will uncover his identity."

"Who is this S.H. person?" Wrinkle asks. He only nibbles at the bread. "And are you sure its a 'he' and not a 'she'?"

"Hmm, good thought. I hadn't considered that," Wilie responds. "S.H. could be anything that can read and write. Maybe even an 'it'."

"I'll will watch over Durst, if you are needed elsewhere," Wrinkle offers to Borya. "Durst wouldn't want anyone to miss an opportunity for adventure."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases