I love Esteren -- but I just can't justify the cost *Gawds its expensive to be a gamer and live in Canada!*

Hey All,

I've been onboard for all the Esteren Kickstarters since day one and have not regretted supporting them one iota until now. Been doing my budgeting for Year 2014 game purchases and I just cannot justify $60.00 for a 50 page hard-back gaming supplement no matter how beautiful it is.

Its the shipping..$30 for a 50 pg hard back is already pricey but I can talk myself into that .. but there is no way that I can justify another $30 for S&H. Shipping costs have become untenable.

Guess I have to wait for the next KS so that I can combine shipping and make it more acceptable. Sorry Jim, but rest assured I will support the next one.

I have lots of PDFs and I could go that route, but I'm a "material guy" and nothing beats opening that package, sitting in front of my woodstove and losing myself in a book. A physical tome.

Sigh

MK

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=21576]Mage of Spellford[/MENTION]
Yeah, Esteren looks beautiful from everything I've seen, though I'm not part of the kickstarter.

I get the sense the setting/adventure is really well done...but how is the game system?

Nelyhann

First Post
I understand your concern Mage, shipping cost are high... but you need to know a 2kg parcel with USPS with tracking number from the US to Canada is around $40.

We must be very vigilant because shipping costs can be a real trap.

But you are right, if you want only the standard edition, please wait for the release in retailers or wait for the next KS :)

Yeah, the latest Kickstart hurts.
Charging Canada the same shipping as Europe and Australia... Ouch. I backed the second but will probably just hope the third funds and buy from Amazon. I love the books but it's hard to justify spending as much shipping the book as buying the book.

ExiStanc3

First Post
I have also backed this project on KS. Went with the pdf: shipping cost is just killing it.

Still great products and I'm quite glad to support people in France.

Thankfully Esteren is available on Amazon, meaning I will be able to get this one day. Which is unlike a lot of RPG stuff which is too expensive to ship, for example Dungeon Crawl Classics is only available from sellers. When I buy from Amazon itself international postage here is ZERO :D

Last edited:

Remove ads