D&D 4E Ranger: Beastmaster New Powers

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Offhand Commands ;) A system of gestures and similar which gives your beast bonus if you have a hand free. this should scale probably.
I think this works fine as a straight up addition to the Beastmaster a +1 to hit and damage for Beast attacks seems like it would fit.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
[MENTION=82504]Garthanos[/MENTION], can you make sure to use the edition prefixes when creating a new post so the target audience for the thread is clear from the forum screen?

Thanks.

EDIT: Me be idiot and missed it. Sorry!

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
@Garthanos, can you make sure to use the edition prefixes when creating a new post so the target audience for the thread is clear from the forum screen?

Thanks.

Unless someone changed it for me... editionspecifier.png it already is...

Larrin

Entropic Good
@Garthanos, can you make sure to use the edition prefixes when creating a new post so the target audience for the thread is clear from the forum screen?

Thanks.

It definitely has the [4e] tag for me in the main forum list. The tag doesn't show up everywhere once you're in the thread. (it's in some places but not others)

Larrin

Entropic Good
Is there any beastmaster feats which give a bonus on beast damage?
To my knowledge the only source of beast master feats is Martial Power I, and there is no "Your beast gains a +2/3/4 feat bonus to damage" feat that I see. The only damage feat I can find is Coordinated Oppurtunist which is +2 dmg for YOU on oppurtunity attacks if target is adjacent to beast.

Tangent Alert: Looking through the beast master feats I can really see some flaws in the "every race-class combo gets a feat" theory Martial Power tried to implement. The feats aren't (all) bad, but they're so specific and numerous it makes finding anything generally useful a pain in the attention span.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
To my knowledge the only source of beast master feats is Martial Power I, and there is no "Your beast gains a +2/3/4 feat bonus to damage" feat that I see. The only damage feat I can find is Coordinated Oppurtunist which is +2 dmg for YOU on oppurtunity attacks if target is adjacent to beast.

Tangent Alert: Looking through the beast master feats I can really see some flaws in the "every race-class combo gets a feat" theory Martial Power tried to implement. The feats aren't (all) bad, but they're so specific and numerous it makes finding anything generally useful a pain in the attention span.

Critical Teamwork lets your beast get critical hit bonuses. Based on the pluses of your weapon.

Vengeful Guardian is situational too if your quarry attacks you the beast gets +1/+1

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Critical Teamwork lets your beast get critical hit bonuses. Based on the pluses of your weapon.

Vengeful Guardian is situational too if your quarry attacks you the beast gets +1/+1

Seems kind of sad that it takes a feat for some of these things

My idea of balancing the beast as the secondary weapon includes something like Critical teamwork (with one less Die)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases