D&D 5E [Rise of Tiamat - spoilerish] A Black Dragon and a Red Dragon enter into a bar...

... well, not really... :)

In Rise of Tiamat, you get to fight against a White, Green, and Blue Dragon... but what about Black and Red?

I'm planning to add two scenarios to my RoT campaign, one against a Black Dragon, and one against a Red one. During the years, I've collected all the Dungeon magazines ever published, so I'm eventually going to go through all 150 of them, to find the right fit.

But before I do that, maybe someone here has fond memories of a nice adventure involving a Black or Red dragon, and would like to point me in that direction?

Cheers!

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Not a separate adventure, but...

Don't forget that both a black dragon and a red dragon are in the suggested attack parties for "The Cult Strikes Back" (black in #2, red in #3). And you could always have them go through any number of dragons on their way to the Well of Dragons.

Also, don't forget that fighting Tiamat is essentially fighting every color of dragon at once.

Last edited:

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Wasn't there a fight with one of each color of dragon, right before the last room with Tiamat? Or did I make that up on the spot?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
From my understanding of it, a fair bit of material had to be cut from the final manuscript. (Including a return to Skyreach Castle...) Probably the dragons appeared there.

There are all five colours of dragons in the courtyard before you get to the Temple, [MENTION=6690511]GX.Sigma[/MENTION], yes.

Cheers!

I featured an Adult Black Dragon on the Final Cult hit on the Players. Prior to entering the Temple of Tiamat during the Big Final battle with all the dragons fighting in the sky above. I had an ancient Red fly down to the party to prevent them from entering. The Ancient Silver Dragon from the Metallic Dragon meeting then flew down to aid the players against the Ancient Red.

I featured an Adult Black Dragon on the Final Cult hit on the Players. Prior to entering the Temple of Tiamat during the Big Final battle with all the dragons fighting in the sky above. I had an ancient Red fly down to the party to prevent them from entering. The Ancient Silver Dragon from the Metallic Dragon meeting then flew down to aid the players against the Ancient Red.

Maybe before entering the temple of Tiamat I can hand each of my 5 players the stats of an ancient metallic dragon, and I'll have them fight 5 ancient chromatic dragons. Maybe without legendary actions, otherwise it could get weird.

Win or lose, it will be awesome...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases