D&D 5E EB's ToEE and RttToEE Campaign - IC

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
After the farmer left and Rebecca 'took her leave' Zanword sighed.
"We shouldn't take old ones only valuable. We will get more good will from the locals if we save their livelihood than if we take the money for it. Especially, we shouldn't do it in advance. What if we die and the woods remain dangerous? Old guy would lose his only means of paying for the chest. Besides, the ornament can serve as suitable gift whatever the tradition dictates. If we're here for the money, we can ask of the whole of wood workers in the town. From loggers to carpenters. And not let the farmer take the cost upon himself."

Young captain to be understands trade and mercenaries, but at this moment he has no means to pay them. He can only try and convince them that it is in their interest to invest into the future. He doesn't need much for living. Neither do Rana and Aridha. And with two centuries ahead of him, what is another year? He will get the money for the ship even if this cult thing fails and they don't recover anything valuable.

OOC: [MENTION=6899077]EarlyBird[/MENTION], be careful of how many magical items you give out. Especially those with pluses to hit and damage. The game is balanced differently in this edition. Consider various minor magics or utilities rather than +3 sword of demon slaying even simple +1 sword. There are weapons that are magical (and penetrate physical resistance of monsters) without pluses (such as Trident of Fish Command) or shield of warding end similar.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Hexiros retains his stoic posture standing guard at the door. While he is quite obviously paying attention to the conversation at hand, he offers nothing to it.

River Song

Explorer
Rebekah glided into the common area of the Inn and paused for a small count before moving into the room. It gave time for the few patrons in this morning to notice her and more importantly make way for her. Her eyes honed in on the Innkeeper whose expression took on the look of a small hunted animal, caught in the gaze of a fox. Rebekah strode over purposefully, she found it useful to move with purpose when taking charge.

"Good morning master Innkeeper," she began pleasantly enough. "If you would be as kind as to send one of your staff to my rooms, I have a chest packed that I need transported to the ... I assume this town has a seamstress of tailor of some kind? "

The Innkeeper nodded his assent and Rebekah rewarded him with a dazzling smile, "If you could tend to it with all haste, it would certainly be appreciated. I will be in my rooms awaiting your servant."

With a quick turn and fragrant scent of perfume she left the man and retired to her rooms. She looked forlornly at her beautiful dresses, her matching boots which, while ever so pretty, were not practical for her current needs. She sighed, well best be rid of them anyway, they reminded her of him and that chapter was now closed to her. Taking off her emerald dress she cleaned it with a minor spell, she ran a hand over the smooth satin and sighed again as she put on her adventuring attire. Partially dressed she looked down at her bare feet and the "comfortable" boots, they were so masculine! With another even deeper sigh she put on the boots and looked at herself in the mirror.

Leather armour now covered her loose fitting cotton shirt and soft leather pants covered her long lithe legs and spread rather pleasingly across her posterior. The rapier belted at her waist gave her the counterpoint to the allure of her pants and her hair was braided and held back by an emerald headband. Her dagger was sheathed at the underside of her arm and gone was Lady Rebekah the spoiled noblewoman and in her place a warrior-queen straight from legend. She smiled at herself in the mirror, "Not bad, if I say so myself."

She was packing the last of the items in the chest when she heard a knock at the door. "Enter." she ordered as she closed the lid on her old life.

[sblock=THE CHEST]

In the Chest are:

Emerald dress + shoes - Value 15 gp
Burgundy dress + shoes - Value 15 gp
Chest - 5 gp
Scroll case - value 1gp
Scroll case - value 1gp
Disguise Kit - value 25 gp

[/sblock]

OOC: Seamstress/tailor is only first port of call, I understand that other items will be of interest to different buyers.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
The old farmer sighs as he walks to hold open the door for Rebekah. "I wish now that I hadn't sent it along with most of Martha's other belongs, to her sister in Etterboek. She sold it not long ago." he answers in reply to Rana's question. "The locket was all I had left."
So *not* the tragic, tear-jerking tale of loss she’d been expecting. It seemed normal people still lived their normal everyday lives, somewhere far away from her...

Then Zanword was speaking.

“Fine, fine,“ flicked away the old witch, only able to tolerate wild good-will in... limited quantities. “You do that then, boy. Find out who’s interested in having those woods cleared, and what they’d be willing to give to the effort. Then we’ll discuss it.... Acceptable?”

“Now what’s this about bandits and roads being closed?” she frowned, suddenly remembering what they’d been talking about before that fateful knock on the dining room’s door... “Does it have anything to do with what happened in Nulb?”

The innkeeper had just mentioned something about that, hadn’t he.

OOC: Did Hevar leave the locket on the table with us, EB? Also, how big is ‘the Westwoods’?

EarlyBird

Explorer
[sblock]
OOC: EarlyBird, be careful of how many magical items you give out. Especially those with pluses to hit and damage. The game is balanced differently in this edition. Consider various minor magics or utilities rather than +3 sword of demon slaying even simple +1 sword. There are weapons that are magical (and penetrate physical resistance of monsters) without pluses (such as Trident of Fish Command) or shield of warding end similar.

I'm not to worried for this first adventure, but the Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil is 3.0 where every NPC had 4 or 5 magical items. There it may be toned down to the specifics and named items. ANd if the PCs get to overpowered I will just throw in a few leprechaun thieving raids to tone everyone back down. lol [/sblock]

The door to Rebekah's room opens but it is definitely not who she expected. A short thin man in an odd eastern outfit and carrying a staff enters the room, followed by a hulking brute in chainmail with a sword across his back.

Turuko.jpg "Greetings," he says with a deep bend of his waist hands and staff at his side. "I am Turuko of Shinkumo. And this is Kobort of the North."

Kobort.jpg "Ugh." the great ox of a man grunts.

"I am sorry my friend doesn't say much," he says with a small grin, trying to be a bit charming. "We were led to understand you came here with three other adventures, much like yourself." He says indicating the new leathers and sword Rebekah wears. "We are interested in adding our skills to that of a small party . To many hands splits the gold to many ways they say."

EarlyBird

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
happened in Nulb?”

The innkeeper had just mentioned something about that, hadn’t he.

OOC: Did Hevar leave the locket on the table with us, EB? Also, how big is ‘the Westwoods’?

Somehthing about Nulb and Ingundi yes, he did.

The locket was left in the room. These are good trusting folk around here.
The Westwood starts about 200 yards past Rana's house and is a couple miles wide (E/W) and 4-5 miles long (N/S)[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Zanword would go and find everyone into shipwoodworking and see what they offer for making the woods safe. He also looks for the whatever witnesses there are, just to see what kind of monsters we're dealing with.

As he goes, he casually swipes the locket from the table, almost invisibly. For the first inch or so. After which the body of the locket thumps onto the table and rattles behind his hand before he raises it up.

"I'll...deposit this with the priests. Line of credit type of thing. Insurance for healing needs of...of the party." never quick thinker, he stammers on his explanation. But thinking about it after he said it, he decides it is not a bad option. Those that want payment will know it is not returned and he may get enough funds to recover it if needed without asking around for the locket to be returned.

[sblock=Actions]
[roll0]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
20zcwso.jpg

Hommlet/Inn of the Welcome Wench
25 Goodmonth
7:49 AM
Round 0

Emmyr looked up at the knock on the door and the local man that came in. He put his food down, just in case he needed his hands free for his axes, though the man didn’t look a threat. Still, the dwarf moved a bit closer to Lady Rebekah and loomed.

The dwarf listened to the man’s request for a job clearing some nasties out of the woods. He eyed the necklace the man offered as payment. Emmyr was no fence, but he was a member of the Ravens thieves’ guild, so he knew a bit about the value of fine goods. It was quite a hefty sum.

Emmyr let the others dandy on about the job. It seemed they were willing to do it. He had no particular desire one way or the other, though that necklace would go a long way to alleviating some of his concerns about Lady Rebekah’s financial well-being.

But then Lady Rebekah stood and dismissed herself, leaving Emmyr to represent her. “Wot?!” the dwarf said in protest, moving to follow. “But milady…” But he’d been given instructions, and so he grumbled into his beard and remained behind.

The conversation wrapped up shortly, with the farmer leaving to get the woodcutter. Emmyr eyed Zanward as he tried to sneakily snatch up the locket.

“Aye, see tha’ the priests get tha’, then,” he warned the pirate. He tapped his eyes, indicating he would be watching the man. And then Emmyr left.

The dwarf stumped up the stairs to Lady Rebekah’s room and noted the looming man in her doorway. He approached with steps loud enough to catch their attention, his hands drawing his axes part way out of his belt.

“Ever’thin’ alright, milady…” Emmyr trailed off at seeing the Lady Rebekah without her fancy dresses and in simple adventurer clothes and leather armor, rapier at her side. He raised a shaggy red eyebrow at her before returning his wary attention to the big man and the bald man.

[sblock=Party Loot]
16 sp
10 cp
Blue quartz, 10 gp
Necklace 200 gp (Zanword)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Emmyr’s Rolls & Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: 10
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 23/23 HD: 2/2d10+3
Second Wind (1/R): 1d10+2 hp
Action Surge (1/R)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Lady Rebekah - half elf bard charlatan noble
Gwylla - half elf wizard
Hexeiros - dragonborn fighter
Rana - feylock
Zanword - human fighter pirate
Aridhe - human moon druid
Templeton - human rogue ratcatcher
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemies]
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Well," Aridha said, popping to her feet. "This is all...really interesting, but I think I'mgoingtogolookaroundabit BYE!"

Rushing through the last end of the sentence, she is scooting with all haste for the door as she calls out the last syllable, hoping to outrun Rana's expected order to stop or come back!

hero4hire

Explorer
Templeton scrapped the contents of Aridha's leftovers onto his plate. " I plan on muckin' about meself tonight. When everyone is all sleepin' like. See's what secrets folks about here keep in their hidesy-holes."

Remove ads