D&D 5E Into the Dragon's Maw (OOC)

Radaceus

Adventurer
[sblock=CB] @CanadienneBacon if I may help with your Arcane Trickster

HP should be (9+(6x12)= 81, (8, +5 average per level,+12 (CON 12=+1x12))

Thieve's tools should be mentioned under tools proficiencies

you have Grease (conjuration), and Spider Climb (transmutation), you get one spell of your choice at 8th that can be from any school (next is at 14th, then 20th), otherwise AT has to choose illusion or enchantment. (RAW that is)

Bracers of Defense -While wearing these bracers, you gain a +2 bonus to AC if you are wearing no armor and using no shield.
(EDIT- crazy suggestion~ swap your very rare Studded leather for Belt of Fire Giant Strength (STR 25), and flip your str and dex scores around including hte ASI, giving Dex 19, probably OP and not something you want to play, but it would give you the AC of 10+5+2=17 with no armor)
-----------------

that's all I noticed

hope you dont mind my helping out, if I am poking my nose where it dont belong (or if I am incorrect!) feel free to /bonk me :)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

[MENTION=6796086]Radaceus[/MENTION], I realize you couldn't possibly have known this, but today really is not the day for you to make suggestions about my character. I'm tired after a hellish work week in court, I know there are errors on Pell's sheet, and I'd hoped the DM would let me know what I need to fix. That said, thank you for your generosity in offering the comments, and I will have a look this weekend when my brain is not mush. I know better than to post tired, which is what I did last night and am doing again this morning, but sometimes posting tired can't be helped; I needed to get what I had on paper posted for Pell so that Matthan could see him. Which is why I followed up last night with this post:

Matthan, when you sit down to look over my submission, please give priority to checking the arcane trickster. I'm positive there are math errors, hopefully not too many!

I am highly unlikely to swap ability scores (Dex for Str). Or to slap on the Belt of Fire Giant Strength. Neither fit my character concept. I will certainly, however, correct my math errors and bring the magic items I've selected in line with RAW. Thanks.

EDIT: I think a PM would have been a more appropriate means of communicating what you chose to tell me. I apologize my testy tone.

Matthan

Explorer
Going through some more characters. [MENTION=6805287]3SpdDragster[/MENTION] I checked out the magical items and you look good to go. For the ENworld playing, I won't count an application against you so if I'm reading that sentence right, you are just DMing one game and looking for a game to play. So -1 (lower is better)
[MENTION=6796086]Radaceus[/MENTION] I'm going over your character now and just wanted to thank you for the thoroughness of the layout (and that isn't a dig at anyone else's sheet). If anyone is still working on their character, you might want to look at copying his format. I may actually snag some of your formatting for my personal character sheets in the games that I play.

Matthan

Explorer
[MENTION=6796086]Radaceus[/MENTION] the character looks good. Use the staff of power as an arcane focus. That's absolutely fine. ENworld playing = +3. You seem to have a great grasp on the rules. Have you considered trying to run a game here? I mostly ask because I really want the opportunity to play in more games.

Matthan

Explorer
[MENTION=11146]CanadienneBacon[/MENTION] I'm just going to jot down notes as I go. I'm looking at Iope right now (just going in order through the thread)

I have no issue with refluffing your spells. I usually ask my players describe their actions to me so for spellcasters that absolutely means letting me know what your spells look like. Just do me a favor and if those spells come up in game, in the SBLOCK where you put the rolls and such just use the PHB name to help me look it up easiest.

You forgot to include your Domain spells in your prepared list. They are considered always prepared for you and do not count against your prepared spells (PHB 58). Turns out you're even deadlier than you thought. I have a player running a Trickery cleric in my roll20 game that I DM and just last session, he used Blink to wreck a solo encounter. Completely blindsided me. It was awesome. You'll have a lot of fun with Trickery.

While I love the Decanter of Endless Water wholeheartedly, I will beg you to please not use it in a way that I have to figure out volume (or at least be okay if I handwave the math).

That's mostly a joke. You can tell it was my joke because it wasn't very funny.

Love the Divine focus being a nautilus shell.

ENworld total: 1

Character looks good.

Matthan

Explorer
[MENTION=11146]CanadienneBacon[/MENTION] onto Pell!

I know someone else already looked over this, but I'm still going to scan it. I always figure HP through pure class and then add in Con. 8+(5*11)=8+55=63 [Class] 1*11=11 [Con] 63+11=64 HP. I think what happened is you worked with a Con modifier of +2 instead of +1. Easy fix. Also hat tip for wanting to make a strength based rogue. I'm interested to see how it looks for the rest of the character.

AC was already pointed out that the Bracers don't work with armor, but the calculation otherwise is correct (St. Leather AC 12 + 2 (magic) +1 dex = AC 15

There's a formatting error where your Thieves' Tools runs into Skills. That's what led Radaceus to think you didn't have it listed, I guess. That's tiny stuff though.

Also, your spells work. [MENTION=6796086]Radaceus[/MENTION], if you look at PHB 98 under Spells Known etc..., "You know three 1st-level wizard spells of your choice, two of which you must choose from the enchantment and illusion spells on the wizard spell list." That means, AT's get one free choice at 3rd (when they take the archetype), 8th, 14th, and 20th. That line is a little buried and gets overlooked a lot. Same thing happens with EKs. I'm partial to that line because I just leveled my own AT in the Is'Merith game on this board (went with Find Familiar at 3).

That's what I see. It looks like an interesting character though.

ENworld total: 1

Matthan

Explorer
[MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION] I know you said still in progress, but I'm rolling through at the moment. Plus, you used SCAG! I get to bust out the book!

Everyone's character pictures have been cool, but I love that one. Just a striking image.

Everything looks good. It looks like your just finishing up your spells and details. Just let me know when that part is done.

ENworld total: 2

Matthan

Explorer
Okay folks, it looks like things are starting to come together. We have 3 characters ready to go (3SpdDragster: Fighter/Barb; Radaceus: Wizard; CanadienneBacon: Cleric) and a few almost there (Sezarious: Paladin; CanadienneBacon: Rogue; Kobold Stew: Cleric). Since CanadienneBacon will only be playing one of those characters, we are looking at a party of five at the moment. Some others have mentioned wanting to make a character. There's still time.

Radaceus

Adventurer
@Radaceus <snip> Have you considered trying to run a game here? I mostly ask because I really want the opportunity to play in more games.

[sblock=long reply :) ]I have been considering it yes, still getting my feet wet. If I did it would most likely be 5E just because that is where my DM head is at.

Currently I am time poor, I DM for 7 players 2-3 times a month, and I RP as a Factory Manager in the Known World 50-60 hours a week. I am in the middle of a double Diploma of HR and Management, about to move house...

still...considering it :)
I would love to give tot ht ecommunity, I am enjoying this far more than I thought I would, and it is helping to break my writer's block of over 5 years now sicne I wrote any prose or poetry.

but that's enough about me!
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases