Dark Days in Sion pbp ALL THINGS OOC

narayan

Explorer
Just FYI everyone, I am having surgery this upcoming Thursday. Nothing serious, won't even have to stay overnight, but I may miss 1-3 weeks of work recovering. I hope to use that time to catch up on more posts & backstory for Sion.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
By the way, guys, Narayan has created a chat channel on the LINE Chat app, entitled: Dark Days In Sion. If you want to join, you are welcome to, and it’s a faster way to communicate OOC / Game Mechanics information / Questions to the DM, as compared to the slower-paced OOC Forum. Besides Narayan, there are 3 of us there already; myself, Aust, and RedRaider. We look forward to the rest of you joining us!

narayan

Explorer
Dark Days in Sion is Cancelled, NEXT GAME?

Given how little progress is being made with character posts and how little communication I am getting towards the game in general, I am cancelling this game until further notice.

I believe the largest factor for 'slumps' in game play is the fact Sion is a home-brew world. A great deal of creative effort is required on my part to flesh it out, effort that I do not want to rush. Apologies to everyone if I have not been able to run this game at the pace I originally intended.

The story of Sion will of course, be recorded in my novels (still a work in progress) and there is always the option of resuming play in this world later. For now though, I don't have the time to commit to continue running a game in this world.

________________NEXT GAME?__________________

For my next game, I believe I should run in a pre-established game world for a change. This will greatly reduce the effort required behind the scenes so the game will run smoother and FASTER. Worlds at the top of this list so far are The Kingdoms of Kalamar and The Forgotten Realms. I am open minded to other worlds however, even those from prior editions.

Please comment with your preferences in game setting for a new game (include a primary AND a secondary choice) and any other preferences you might have (starting level? Monstrous Races?)

Those of you who have been playing in Sion the longest and who contributed the most will get a bit more influence (and likely some special treatment for new characters) in the new game. I think that's only fair :)

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I thought the slump is due your surgery? And I just started.

My preference is pathfinder, 5e, 4e dnd in that order. Human fighter or possibly an alchemist.

narayan

Explorer
I thought the slump is due your surgery? And I just started.

My preference is pathfinder, 5e, 4e dnd in that order. Human fighter or possibly an alchemist.

I recovered pretty fast from the surgery, I was only off work for a week. The biggest slump I had was how long it took to create all the background/backstory details for the sort of character you wanted. I had no problem with wanting to do all that extra work, but what we want to do and what we actually manage to get done in a reasonable amount of time are two different things. Hence the need to change the setting to make it easier.

Although I have no problem with Pathfinder or 5e, I don't want to run a game in an edition other than 3.5 for the simple fact that I am most experienced in 3.5. If I tried to run a new game in a different edition, it would be neither smooth nor fast compared to Sion. So for now I am not asking for a vote on a preference in the rules. We will be sticking with 3.5.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ah...in that case I will think a bit assuming you'll have me. I know FR and do NOT know the kingdoms. So...the kingdoms is my choice :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases