D&D 5E Help! What’s the best place in the multiverse to hide from the Inevitables?

Caliburn101

Explorer
In the home of the Inevitables.

With their job spec. it's pretty much a certainty they don't have time to ever get home, never mind order pizza and watch a boxed set...

I don't think you can hide from them, but you could go somewhere where the locals would rather fight them than you: a layer of the Abyss run by a demon lord or somewhere near a slaadi lord. Of course, that works best if they are right behind you (so the slaadi or demons don't have time to focus on you).

Would concur on the Abyss or the Far Realm. Both of those seem pretty antithetical to the concept of order that the Inevitables represent. Also, the inhabitants would probably take a dim view of the Inevitables trespassing.

Going further out there, are the Positive and Negative elemental planes still a thing? Provided the NPC has a way to survive there. Those are pretty antithetical to visitors, and would add an HP-ticking clock to the adventure.

OB1

Jedi Master
Help! What’s the best place in the multiverse to hide from the Inevitables?

First off there have been a ton of fantastic ideas already, and I just want to thank everyone for the inspiration! I can always count on the EnWorld community!

Why do they have to be hiding out? Maybe the only way they can stay out of the reach of the inevitables is to keep running. If they're jumping randomly from plane to plane, the inevitables might be tracking them but haven't caught them yet. That means you could have the PCs meet them pretty much anywhere.

I like this idea a lot. The PCs in this campaign are Mission: Impossible type agents, and I can see them tracking the Inevitables tracking the NPCs and trying to find a way to get one step ahead of them.

Combined with the NPCs using Mordekanin’s Private Sanctum (thanks [MENTION=6775031]Saelorn[/MENTION] ) to rest and hide out between portal jumps, I think I’ve got a winner!!

Once they catch up with the NPCs, it’s just a matter of getting them to Nirvana in Mechanus, where they can be released from their contracts.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases