Which of my continents do you want more information about?

Which of my continents do you want more information about?

• Lands of Harqual

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
FYI... I am working on a detailed list of adventures for each of the continents, as well as the other regions of Kulan. The list for Kanpur is going to be... complicated.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Here's a look at my growing list of DUNGEON Magazine adventures that will be set in the western lands of Kanpur (including The Far North, The Northwest, The Southwest, and The Dark Continent):

The Far North and The Northwest
• "The Automatic Hound" [DUNGEON 148]
• "The Baron's Eyrie" [DUNGEON #58]
• "The Beasts of Aulbesmil" [DUNGEON 131]
• "Deadly Treasure" [DUNGEON 41]
• "Deception Pass" [DUNGEON 23]
• "Escape from Meenlock Prison" [DUNGEON 146]
• "The Fire Giant's Daughter" [DUNGEON 39]
• "Funeral Procession" [DUNGEON 135]
• "The Ghosts of Mistmoor" [DUNGEON 35]
• "Going Once ... Going Twice" [DUNGEON 13]
Khun-drukar | "Bright Mountain King" [DUNGEON 142]
• "The Lady of the Mists" [DUNGEON 42]
• "Last of the Iron House" [DUNGEON 39]
• "Legerdemain" [DUNGEON 39]
• "The Mother's Curse" [DUNGEON 59]
• "Old Man Katan and the Mushroom Band" [DUNGEON 41]
• "Pandora's Apprentice" [DUNGEON 38]
• "Secrets of the Arch Wood" [DUNGEON 121]
Talangrán | "The Lady Rose" [DUNGEON 34]
• "Things That Go Bump In The Night" [DUNGEON 38]
• "To Bite the Moon" [DUNGEON 48]
• "Tomb of Aknar Ratalla" [DUNGEON 119]

The Southwest and the Dark Continent
• "Chamber of Antiquities" [DUNGEON 124]
• "The Forsaken Arch" [DUNGEON 120]
• "Khamsa's Folly" [DUNGEON 40]
• "Temple of the Scorpion God" [DUNGEON 124]
• "The Obsidian Eye" [DUNGEON 120]

Of course, the older adventures will have to be converted to v.3.5. The conversions won't be exact conversions, however. It's too much work. Yet, any adventures that include drow will have to be overhauled.

This list is always a work in progress.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
FYI... I'll post a list of the d20 System/OGL adventures, tomorrow, that I've already set aside for the western lands of Kanpur.

EDIT: I didn't get to this today like I thought I would. I had a rough day, and I went to see Django Unchained with friends in the evening. Maybe tomorrow.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Call out to those who wanted to known more about Kanpur: [MENTION=27761]Blackrat[/MENTION], [MENTION=40227]freyar[/MENTION], [MENTION=371]Hand of Evil[/MENTION], [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION], [MENTION=1210]the Jester[/MENTION].

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
BTW, my Index of Adventures and Locales (w/sources) for all of Kulan can be found at The Piazza: link.

That list is always being updated.

Last edited:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Why I want more on Kanpur: The Ancient Lands - It is a melting pot but what is the wealth and the plots of the land, because it also seems like a land of change and intrgue.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Why I want more on Kanpur: The Ancient Lands - It is a melting pot but what is the wealth and the plots of the land, because it also seems like a land of change and intrgue.
You're right, it is quite the melting pot of ideas, although I'd like some part to fit together smoothly. It continues to be a ongoing process, and I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to detail every sub-region in detail. (I don't know if I should even try; I might burn myself out that way.)

The region around Sharn is going to be one of my main goals for campaign development. My Sharn will have some major differences than the official EBERRON version. The idea of Dragonmarks will be expanded to encompass more than just the ' revised' Dragonmarked Houses, which will be tied to Sharn and its nearby surroundings. The idea is only in my head at the moment, but I foresee new dragonmarks specific to Kulan.

Bluffside: City on the Edge is also a region I want to key on, so I expect I'll be adding a lot to the published city and the communities of the Dry Land: Empire of the Dragon Sands sourcebook. I look at it this way, if a book was published by MEG for world that Bluffside and Dry Land is set on then it exists on Kulan. It doesn't matter to me that MEGs product line only included v.3.0 books. I liked them too much not to build them into Kanpur.

At this point, I don't want to get distracted by the development of the western lands (or the Sharn campaign region) before I complete my overviews for all the sub-regions for the continent. I'm getting close with the Horse Lands, and I know I'll get through the Center Lands without too much difficulty. (Parts of its overview are already written.) After that is done, I'll begin detailing my version of Zakhara, which includes The Haunted Lands, The Land of Fate, and The Crowded Sea.

Then... I will tackle the four parts of the Eastern Lands: from north to south — The Iceshield Lands, The Northeast, The Southeast, and, finally, the Indjran Peninsula. While it will all be heavily influenced by the Kara-Tur Campaign Set, the setting will be its own creation. I'll likely borrow names from the boxed set and the Oriental Adventures I have purchased, but they will not be exact copies of what is in those sources. As well, the Oriental Adventures sourcebook for 3rd Edition will help define the Far East of Kanpur, especially the races. The Indjran Peninsula will be my version of Mythic India, although I'm going to try not to pigeonhole the subregion as being only Indjran. (FYI... tortles will be a major race in the subregion.)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
To go along with the DUNGEON Magazine list posted above, I present my list of official D&D adventures/locales that exist in the western lands of Kanpur:

Elsir Vale | "Red Hand of Doom"
• I6 "Ravenloft"
• I10 "Ravenloft II: The House on Gryphon Hill"
• S1 "Tomb of Horrors"
• S2 "White Plume Mountain"
Saltmarsh | Dungeon Master's Guide II [Chapter 4]

— I don't have exact locations for these adventures, although I can say for certain that Red Hand of Doom will be placed in The Far North sub-region while the other two will be in The Northwest sub-region. The Tomb of Horrors will be located somewhere near Bluffside.

• City of Stormreach
Corsair Domains | AL-QADIM Corsairs of the Great Sea
• Dark Continent [inspired by David Howery's article in DRAGON Magazine 189]
— the article was vital in the development of Kanpur's Dark Continent sub-region.

This list (like most of my lists) is a work in progress.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
And here, finally, is my list of d20 System/OGL adventures and locales set in the western lands of Kanpur. This list will likely be added to on a regular basis. I know I'll definitely be adding the Interludes sourcebook for Dry Lands once I stop procrastinating and just buy it. (I never add/list sources I don't own.)

• Bard's Gate
• Bluffside: City on the Edge | "Interludes: Brief Expeditions to Bluffside"
• Dry Land: Empires of the Dragon Sands
Hawkmoon Vale | "The Bonegarden" [d20]
Parma | Streets of Silver
Scopula | ETHOS Magazine [PDF]
Torassia | "Tsar Rising" | "The Dancing Hut"
• "Unhallowed Halls"

• Hollowfaust: City of Necromancers
• "The Last Dance"
Khemit | Hamunaptra boxed set w/ Gary Gygax's Necropolis
— Hamunaptra and Necropolis were major factors in the development of The Southwest sub-region.
• Shelzar: City of Sin
Solamber | PENUMBRA Seven Cities

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I just made a strange decision. I'm going to add Nentir Vale to Kulan. It will not be on Harqual (no room) and it will not be in the western lands of Kanpur. Instead, I've decided to add it to Janardûn. The name of the vale will remain the same, but the name of the communities will change to better reflect the uniqueness of the Psionic Lands. The first name change has already been made: Hammerfast will be called Kiire Haamer. I used the Bing Translator and decided to go with Estonian for the dwarven community.

Fallcrest and the other human-dominated communities of the vale will likely get translated into another language as well. However, the names might get renamed based on the unusual names I've already given to Janardûn's cities and provinces.

Remove ads