Kulan: Bard's Gate PbP Campaign (IC) [Game Cancelled]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
When he enters the inn, he will agree to have a drink with vak'tiel. Cal will also give the large gentleman 6 gold pieces for food and a room and drinks for the night for him and his friends after the free bottle.
"It's going to be quite the night, indeed!" Durst takes Cal's coins with a smile and bear hug. "Aileen! Our best fare for our new guests! Lets put out a banquet!

"I am one of the people he's been expecting, I'll pay for a second bottle of Hammer Hand as well."
Durst runs into the back and brings out several bottles for all. There are bottles of Hammer Hand and Goldsberry. He pours out mugs of Brin Zwiesher's Ale for each of the group.

The server who ran outside comes back in and gives the thumbs up to Durst. The big man nods and pulls out a large bottle of something from behind the bar. "I'm going to upgrade that bottle Wilie promised you all. I've been saving this for a special event. Now is as good a time as any. I won this from a mamluk from Zakhara. I'm not sure what it is," he looks at it. "It's blue."

He uncorks the bottle and pours himself a half-shot. He drinks it down and his face turns red. "By the gods!" With a laugh he brings the bottle over and places it in front of Vak'tiel. He has his server, a man he calls Camson, push several tables together for the group. He disappears into the back. The smell of the kitchen wafts into the room.

Durst comes back along with a tough yet svelte woman who is nearly as tall as Durst. They bring out an assortment of foods. There are fresh white bread loaves, cooked bacon and eggs, roasted beef and roasted chicken, full-grain bread loaves, and a hearty meat stew. The assortment fills the table. Aileen also brings in fresh goat milk.

He brings a large bowl of raw eggs for Sarten, if he so chooses. "Just break 'em in the stew. It's a favorite of Dongar's." Durst points over to the largest dragonborn in the room. "He also likes to put one in huge glass of Hammer Hand and drink it all down at once with some special hot sauce I procured from an Indjiran trader."

Dongar looks at Sarten with a toothy grin, which Sarten knows is meant as a challenge of honor.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'm going to give Durst 2 full gold for my meal, room, and whiskey and let him keep the change
Durst passes all the coins to his wife who takes it all into the back, away from prying eyes. She comes back with more food for the table including a full roasted chicken twice the size of the first.

"Eat and drink well," she says. "But don't be getting sick all over my floor."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Same here" adds shrough. A smile grows on his face as he goes for a full shot A challenging grin turns into a huge smile aw he downs it in one gulp. "WHEW'!! he exclaims , tears flowing down his cheeks, the smile still stuck on his mouth.

"good stuff'" he says, his voice horse from the burn of the liqueur. He slams the shot glass down with a thump.

Scotley

Hero
In the common room sits a big cat-like humanoid with marking not unlike a tiger. His spike covered breastplate is of strange design, but marks him as a warrior of some sort as does the Halbred leaning next to him. His tail swishes behind him in agitation and his brow is furrowed as he stares at a familiar looking note on grey paper in his hands.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Kisep

"There was once a noble samurai, a warrior of great honor and skill. His name was Corvus San Itsume and he was a kenku, like I am," Kisep starts his tale with the same eastern accent he used before.

When only a few patrons appear to be listening, the bard loudly mimicks the sounds of two swords being unsheathed, one after another, and the sounds of battle erupt. This causes a great disturbance in the Inn, people looking for fighters to come bursting in, until it becomes clear the sounds are produced by a lone kenku, standing easily and non-threateningly near the bar. "The great and honorable samurai by the name of Corvus San Itsume was a master swordsman," Kisep continues, clearly enjoying the greater audience, "And he defeated many evil villains in the Eastern Lands. The people loved him, and so did the Emperor, who appointed him the head of his army and offered his daughter in marriage. However, the evil wu jen Yoringu, a powerful sorceror and advisor to the Emperor, had long coveted the hand of the princess, and had grown jealous of Corvus San Itsume."

"Tricking his rival, Yoringu lured the samurai to an ancient cave, filled with treasure and guarded by a foul monster called a naga. As Corvus San Itsume battled the fell beast, Yoringu cast a spell and collapsed the cave on top of them, nearly killing them." At this point, Kisep produces the sound of an earthquake or avalanche, and the noise fills the Inn. "Both Corvus and the naga were badly injured, but the monster was stuck under a fallen pillar. His honor demanding it, Corvus San Itsume pushed the pillar off the broken form of the naga and then the creature spoke, 'You have saved my life! In return, I will grant you one wish. What will it be?' Corvus, finding himself trapped in the collapsed cave, looked around. Far above, far beyond reach, a small gap between the rubble was visible, letting in the light of the distant stars. Remembering his bride-to-be, Corvus San Itsume turned to the naga and said, 'I wish for a way out of this cave.' "

Again, Kisep made a noise, but softer this time, mimicking the ethereal sounds that many who have not witnessed spellcasting, associate with magic; tiny little bell sounds and whisps of flute. "Behold, there was Corvus San Itsume, or rather, there were his armor and weapons, lying on the floor. From underneath, a raven stepped forth, cawing once and then taking flight, uneasily at first, but quickly learning, and out of the small gap in the ceiling flew Corvus San Itsume. He was too small to carry the gold or his gear, but he would return for them later. When he at last came to the Emperor and the princess, they did not recognize him and chased the bird from the castle with brooms. Heartbroken, Corvus fled to the location of the cave, only to find it vanished. Just one pebble remained, small and insignificant, and Corvus San Itsume took it with him in his beak. Having realized the truth of the evil Yoringu, the bird flew to the wu jen's house and knocked on the door, once, twice, thrice. Then he picked up the pebble and flew up towards the clouds, towards the moon and stars. When he was impossibly high up, Corvus looked down on the tiny figure of Yoringu, standing before his house, and let loose the small pebble."

There was silence in the Inn, as Kisep waited for the right moment. Then, unexpectedly, the raven familiar who had been quiet until now, cawed loudly from his shoulder, "Right on his head! Killing him dead!"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"That is the best way to deal with an evil being. And a most wonderfully excellent story." Then raising his voice a bit so he can be heard through out the bar, he asks, Now, is there there a bard present who cant top that with a better true story?"

If there are no takers on his challenge on be half of the kenku, the elf looks the kenku eye to eyes and holds out his hand in greeting, Shrough d'Aringier. He then eyes the raven with curious suspicion

Chuckfar

First Post
After feasting and having one shot of the Blue liquor (that is the only drink Cal will have. He will spend his time eavesdropping and keeping an eye on his new found friends/companions) After Kisep finishes his story and after Shrough's enticement to any other bards Cal raises his empty glass and proclaims drunkenly that "I would love to hear another great story like the one we all just heard."

He will keep an keen eye out for any strange business or anything unusual conversations about strange things happening around here lately. Also for any references to Willie or this S.H. If nothing happens he will be the last to go upstairs for the night.
[MENTION=2012]Knightfall[/MENTION] If I need to make any checks please let me know or if you would like to roll them and let me know if I find anything out... Either way.

Remove ads