D&D 5E D&D 5.5e; Your wish for 5.5e update.

dave2008

Legend
Well, some version of update will happen.

Will it be 5.5e or 6th, I don't know. But the money treadmill must go on.

And they tend to release new edition or revision of current edition around 4 years apart. For 5th edition that comes in 2018.

With the first major rules expansion coming this year, I find it unlikely we will see a 5.5e or 6e in 2018. Closer to 2021 if then

Last edited:

Horwath

Legend
[MENTION=5100]Mercule[/MENTION];

agree at magic items:
It should be organized as: weapons, armour, body/clothing/jewelry and misc.(non slot items).

also add class abbreviations in spell descriptions. Take a look at 3.5 PHB spell sorting. That was very good. And more flavor text in spells.

Mercule

Adventurer
also add class abbreviations in spell descriptions. Take a look at 3.5 PHB spell sorting. That was very good. And more flavor text in spells.
Oh, yes. How did I forget the spell organization? I'm okay with that being in alphabetic order and unified, but there are still lots of ways to improve it.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I'm not saying that 5e is doing bad. It's quite good actually. But look at the trends:

3rd ed year 2000.

3.5e y 2003.

4E y 2008.

4E essentials(essentially 4.5E) :p y 2010.

5th ed y 2014.

Why are you starting with 3e? There was 25 years of D&D prior to that, so if you're going to look at edition trends, you really need to look at every edition. And when you do that, there's nothing that would reliably predict a new edition in the next year or two.

Remove ads