Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The wererat turns and snarls in defiance at the group. It takes aim at Quinn with its bow and fires two arrows towards the big gladiator. The first arrow slices Quinn's thigh but he manages to deftly dodge the second shot. The wererat discards his bow after taking his shots and with lightning quick reflexes pulls the spear off its back to prepare for the onslaught to come.

"Do your worst!" it snarls.

OOC: Bowshot #1 > 1d20+13=24 (hit), Damage > 1d8+3=8; Bowshot #2 > 1d20+8=19 (miss) [I'm assuming Quinn will be using his Dodge feat vs. the wererat]

The gladiator grins a mirthless toothy grin and says, "Hey rat, allow me to introduce myself. I am Dr. Quinn, medicine man here for leaching and blood letting and I am all out of leaches.You are the disease I am here to purify."

He lets fly 2 arrows.

Att/Dam/Att/Dam: 1D20+10 = [2]+10 = 12;1D8+5 = [3]+5 = 8;1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13;1D8+5 = [2]+5 = 7

Both arrows fly down range as the rat deftly dodges the poorly aimed projectiles. He drops his bow and grabs his spiked chain and net.

edit:

ps yes on dodge vs rat fink!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Phar breaths a sigh of relief that his familiar is safe for the moment. He considers for an instant and the begins the arcane gestures and words of power that are the tools which power his magic. A swarm of shimmering motes streams from the elf wizard's slim agile fingers and engulfs Wererat. He stays where he is knowing he holds the advantage in a ranged fight.
The motes swarm around the wererat and it snarls in anger. "A good play, elf. but I won't need to see you to kill you."

Taking the wererat's words as an invitation, Caerth releases his bow's string, and an arrow flies towards the creature. Not waiting to see if it hits its mark, the half-orc druid immediately draws another arrow to follow the first.
The first arrow deflects off the wererat's strange armor while the second one misses its left flank by inches.

"This is for Lord Ebal, you bastard!" Raius curses. He moves up next to Phar, while drawing his own bow. He fires an arrow right into the wererat. It is a good hit to its left shoulder but the lycanthrope barely notices the puncture in its armor.

The gladiator grins a mirthless toothy grin and says, "Hey rat, allow me to introduce myself. I am Dr. Quinn, medicine man here for leaching and blood letting and I am all out of leaches.You are the disease I am here to purify."

He lets fly 2 arrows.

Both arrows fly down range as the rat deftly dodges the poorly aimed projectiles. He drops his bow and grabs his spiked chain and net.
"I barely even felt the breeze," it laughs. "Now you will see how a true killer fights!"

The wererat rushes forward with its spear ready. Even though its eyes are partially blinded, it moves with grace and speed. It stops 5 feet from where Phar was standing before it was partially blinded and sniff the air. "While I can smell you, elf, the other one near you truly reeks." It hefts its spear and throws it towards the young guard. The spear easily finds its mark and sinks deep into Raius's side and the soldier grimaces in pain.

When the motes from Par's spell try to hurt the wererat again, it manages to evade the luminous sparks.

"I will soon taste the sweetness of your blood, elf," the wererat says while licking it maw with its long tongue.

Phar steps back 5 feet to put a bit of distance between him and the wererat and draws his bow. He fires point blank at the wererat. The arrow flies true but Phar stays silent. He does not wish to make it easy for the wererat to pinpoint him.

OOC: Wererat's Reflex saves v. Phar's spell (round one) > 1d20+13=17 (fail), Round Two > 1d20+13=32 (saved)

Raius's shortbow attack (round one) > 1d20+12=29 (hit), Damage > 1d6+1=4

Wererat's thrown spear vs. Raius (round two) > 1d20+14=27 (hit), Miss chance (20%) > 1d100=88 (still a hit), Damage > 1d8+1=9 | Wererat uses scent to pinpoint Raius's position.

Phar (round two): Luminous Swarm > 1d6=5 (no damage, reflex save was successful); Elvencraft bowshot > 1d20+10=20 (hit), Damage > 1d8+1=9

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Keep talking," Caerth says with clear irony, shooting two more arrows at the wererat now covered in magical motes of light. Then the half-orc drops his bow and instead grabs his powerful spear, readying himself to enter melee with the creature.

"I know you. Just a little beast, fearful of predators, staying out of the light," the half-orc druid starts intimidatingly. "And rightly so. Rats together are strong, but alone they are weak. You are weak. And I am what you fear."

With that, Caerth starts stalking towards the wererat, slowly, deliberately, fully aware of the uneasiness of any who look at his large frame and massive spear.

OOC: Making two shots, then switching weapons. Also, an Intimidate check.
Attack 1: [roll0] for [roll1] damage
Attack 2: [roll2] for [roll3] damage
Intimidate: [roll4]
Do I get to add something to that Intimidate check? For Wild Empathy I've got a +15, but I don't suspect a wererat counts as an animal...

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Keep talking," Caerth says with clear irony, shooting two more arrows at the wererat now covered in magical motes of light. Then the half-orc drops his bow and instead grabs his powerful spear, readying himself to enter melee with the creature.
The arrows pass through the light but fail to find their mark. The wererat is shifty even when partially blinded.

JustinCase said:
"I know you. Just a little beast, fearful of predators, staying out of the light," the half-orc druid starts intimidatingly. "And rightly so. Rats together are strong, but alone they are weak. You are weak. And I am what you fear."

With that, Caerth starts stalking towards the wererat, slowly, deliberately, fully aware of the uneasiness of any who look at his large frame and massive spear.
The wererat bares its teeth and hisses, but it is hard for Caerth to see though the motes of light. "You talk big, warrior. We will see who kills who." The ratman pauses. "No, maybe I'll bite you. Infect you. Then you will come with me and be another servant for my... no, I will tell you after you have been enthralled by the moon."

"You will not spread your evil through my homeland, rat," Raius growls. He pulls the spear from his side, drops his bow, and draws his short sword. He steps forward and tries to slash the wererat. The blade glances off the wererat's strange armor.

The wererat chuckles and hisses towards Raius, but before it can gloat, Aureus makes her move. She has managed to sneak in behind the rat man and she strikes from a hidden flanking position. The wererat smells her coming, however. He easily dodges her stab and hisses again. It doesn't laugh, however.

JustinCase said:
OOC: Do I get to add something to that Intimidate check? For Wild Empathy I've got a +15, but I don't suspect a wererat counts as an animal...
OOC: No, I don't believe so. At the very least, the wererat would have to be in rat form for it to work, but I don't think it does at all. The wererat made its level check but just barely. I rolled a 2 plus its modifiers. :p

Raius: Longsword attack > 1d20+13=16 (miss)
Aureus: Short sword (sneak attack) > 1d20+8+2=13 (miss)

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
With a metallic clunk, the spiked chain falls to the ground with the exception of the handle. It slithers with a quick twist of Quinn's hand and suddenly flies through the air while he stands 10 feet away. The human warrior spins the end through the air and flicks it forward with a deadly flash.

Attack with the chain twice.

attack, damage, attack, damage,: 1D20+1 = [20]+1 = 21;2D4+7 = [4, 2]+7 = 13;1D20+9 = [16]+9 = 25;2D4+7 = [4, 1]+7 = 12

[sblock=players note]I do not know if he is flanking or not. if sso, the 21 att is a 23 and the 25 a 27.
after note: the 21 is a nat 20 that only registered a +1 that should have been a +10, there fore the first attack is an attack of 30.[/sblock]

Crit confirm: 1D20+10 = [2]+10 = 12;2D4+7 = [4, 4]+7 = 15

[not a crit :( ]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
With a metallic clunk, the spiked chain falls to the ground with the exception of the handle. It slithers with a quick twist of Quinn's hand and suddenly flies through the air while he stands 10 feet away. The human warrior spins the end through the air and flicks it forward with a deadly flash.
Quinn manages to position himself just behind Raius with a quick shift of hi feet before he devastates the wererat with two quick blows from his chain. The wererat doesn't hear or see it coming and the first one thumps hard into its chest while the second takes fur off the side of its face. It growls and hisses in pain.

"Who dares!" It shouts. "If I could see you, I'd eat your bones for that!"

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The wererat turns its attention towards Aureus since she is the easiest to pinpoint. It slashes out with its claws and tries to bite her with its teeth. Its claws cut into the hutaakan rogue successfully with the second attack being particularly vicious. She manages to evade the wererat's bite, however, as it evades the damaging effects of Phar's spell.

The wererat licks her blood off its claws and hisses in satisfacation. "Next time, I will bite you too."

OOC: Wererat's claws > 1d20+13=22 (hit), 1d20+13=33 (critical threat), 1d20+13=28 (crit.); Claw Damage > 1d4+4=6, 2d4+8=14 | Wererat's Bite > 1d20+8=18 (miss)

20% miss chance for claw attacks > 1d100=91 (still a hit), 1d100=21 (still a hit, but that was close)

Wererat's Reflex save vs. Phar's ongoing spell > 1d20+13=33 (saved)

Scotley

Hero
Phar cringes as his friend is raked by the claws, but his resolve is not dampened. He smoothly nocks another arrow and takes careful aim on the boastful Wererat before letting it fly.

[sblock=Rolls][roll0] [roll1][/sblock]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Phar cringes as his friend is raked by the claws, but his resolve is not dampened. He smoothly nocks another arrow and takes careful aim on the boastful Wererat before letting it fly.
The arrow fails to hit the wererat who seems to have a twisted sense of luck. It barely notes the passage of the arrow high above it's head.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Not bothering to grace the wererat's taunts with a verbal response, Caerth instead closes the distance between them and jabs his mighty spear towards the creature. The point of the weapon finds the lycanthrope's flank and a cruel grin appears on the half-orcs face.

OOC: Attack with spear: [roll0] for [roll1] damage.
If he's flanked, add another +2 to that attack.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases