D&D 5E Help a rogue with her special item wish list

Flareanthia

First Post
Well, I knew it! All of y'all's suggestions rock!! >XD
[MENTION=59057]UngeheuerLich[/MENTION] Oh, mithral! I did not know that was a thing heheh, thanks! :D Adding that to my wish list for sure :eek:
[MENTION=6801229]rgoodbb[/MENTION] I really like utility items too! :D Slippers of spider climbing is a GREAT suggestion! And my DM has already given us some spiderclimb potions earlier on so I don't think that should be a problem, thanks ;D And someone else is ALSO recommending the immovable rod, so that must be a really great item. :3
[MENTION=6801286]Imaculata[/MENTION] :D Dude, I gotta say, I thought you were joking until I looked it up and found that there is ACTUALLY a grappling hook in DnD! XD I saw the youtube video and already knew that it was Mabel from gravity falls, hah! Good choice of vid there man ;D
[MENTION=6845520]MostlyHarmless42[/MENTION] You know what? I saw the Trident of fish command and didn't like it very much >:/ The reason is that my Triton can already communicate with any beast that breathes water, and figured that I MIGHT be able to talk a sea creature into doing my bidding. Now that I look at it again however, I think it might totally work. This would be a spell and one of three charges, so it would probably make it harder for a DM to go "mmm nah, the fish don't listen to you" lol XD But Wave? OH MY GOSH!! Yeah that might be too powerful, but I want it!!! It is sentient? It SINGS?! I want that item so much now, going to the top of my list! XD And yeah, after all your suggestions I am going to ask if the Trident can be made with finesse. I really really want to use a trident, I am a "Triton" for crying out loud! >XD (My DM has been pretty awesome and flexible with my nuts requests so far, so I think it will be fine heheh) x3 And... Foldable boat? Foldable boat?! WooHOO that looks fanTASTIC! I didn't know THAT was a thing either! Definitely being added to the wishes, aawh, I am so glad there are people who know more of the game for me to throw out my questions~
[MENTION=6798775]Ath-kethin[/MENTION] In all honesty I love RPing in dungeons and Dragons, way more than I do fighting! So I gravitate towards items or weapons with flare, more than I do toward a weapon that is strong just for the sake of min-maxing. But saying that, suggestions so far have been so interesting! I have to say, I've posted questions here twice and so far, absolutely no disappointments! You people know what you're talking about. So yes! Immovable rods sounds like an excellent idea and I shall be adding that to my wishlist (someone else suggested it too! It's a really great idea :D ) Oooh ring of the ram sounds like you could get really creative! XD And hmmmm, a boost to charisma item? Sorry, you've already given me such great suggestions, would it be okay though for you to give me some examples?? :3 Would the item for Dex be something like the gauntlets of ogre strength per chance?? (I only know those cause an ally of mine got them last session XD )
[MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] sadly mariner's armour would not do me much good, :( Tritons get an innate swimming speed that is 30ft, same as my walking speed (But for some strange reason my awakened otter companion has 40ft swimming speed??? >XD I refuse to bring it up however since I can dash twice as a rogue lol, otherwise I might have been annoyed at being out swam by an otter!!! XD ... they don't get bonus to dash, do they? ^.^ ) Boots of elven kind sound really good for sneaking yo! : D

briggart, noted ;D

and [MENTION=6801461]Draegn[/MENTION] hah! I like your thinking there sir ;D heheheheh! :eek:
[MENTION=27385]aco175[/MENTION] I am currently hopping to get a luck blade in the form of a dagger!!! XD but man a dagger with misty step doesn't sound half bad at all, fun to RP and kinda useful for a rogue? ;3 (How cool would it be if you used misty step by throwing your dagger??? Then you are basically getting the same power as the main character in ff15, lol! XD Could make your character really cool ;D )

Okay, thank you so much you guys!!

These have all been some FANTASTIC suggestions and I will definitely be putting them on my wish list soon XD I hope my DM will go for some of those, because seriously they are sounding TOTALLY cool!! :cool:

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Charisma boost items are not too common in this edition, but they exist. You have the Ioun stone of Leadership, the Tome of Leadership and Influence, and that's really it. And both are very rare, so your DM might balk at handing them out.

I would think it would stand to reason that an item similar to a headband of intellect or gloves of ogre power (which boost the key stat to 19) would be a logical homebrew item, but obviously your DM would need to OK that. Both of those are Uncommon items, so it would also stand to reason that your Charisma version would be as well.

If you do a Google search for "5e magic items by rarity," you will find a PDF of all the items from the 5e Dungeon Master's Guide (sorted by rarity, as I'm sure you could imagine). That list might help stir your imagination and guide your list.

There are tons of flavorful items a quick-witted character (or player) will find useful. Part of the reason I think magic weapons are dull is that they require no inspiration to imagine uses for and no cleverness to use effectively. An awesome item that can give your DM headaches as you think of ever more interesting ways to use it is the way to go.

Last edited:

Flicker the Flareon

Champion of Alola
Glamoured studded leather is all the shirts, jackets, and accessories you'll ever need, and it comes with a +1 to AC. Get a 1-level fighter dip for defense fighting style for a max AC of 19! That's a lot.

I also reccomend a pair of gloves of thievery for those pickpocket situations.

Last thing, I promise, is a cloak of displacement, which basically allows you to use your sneak attack anytime unless an enemy hits you, if that happens it's only disabled for one turn though.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases