D&D 5E Anyone created their own Fantasy Grounds modules with the official 5E D&D core materials yet?

Larac

First Post
Watch the videos Xorn made on using Par5e they help.

But as I am not using it to do a whole book, it has been great.

Magic Items are dead simple:

Carpet of Flying
Wondrous item, uncommon
This rug is able to fly through the air as if affected by an overland flight spell of unlimited duration.
The size, carrying capacity, and speed of the different carpets of flying are shown on the table below.
Beautifully and intricately made, each carpet has its own command word to activate it—if the device is within voice range, the command word activates it, whether the speaker is on the rug or not.
The carpet is then controlled by spoken directions.
#ts;
#th;Size;Capacity;Speed;Weight;Market Price;
#tr;5ftby5ft;200lb;40ft;8lb;20,000gp;
#tr;5ftby10ft;400lb;40ft;15lb;35,000gp;
#tr;10ftby10ft;800lb;40ft;10lb;60,000gp;
#te;
A carpet of flying can carry up to double its capacity, but doing so reduces its speed to 30 feet. It has average maneuverability, but a carpet of flying can still hover.

Censer of Controlling Air Elementals
Wondrous item, uncommon
This 6-inch-wide, 1-inch-high perforated golden vessel resembles a thurible found in a place of worship.
If it is filled with incense and lit, summoning words spoken over it summon forth a Large air elemental.
The summoning words require 1 full round to speak. In all ways the censer functions as the summon monster VI spell.
If incense of meditation is burned within the censer, the air elemental is an elder air elemental instead (as if summon monster IX had just been cast).
Only one elemental can be summoned at a time. A new elemental requires a new piece of incense, which cannot be lit until after the first elemental disappears (is dispelled, dismissed, or slain).

The #t commands are for tables, so the Flying carpet has a nice table.
Make the list then parse it in.

Be sure to watch and read the setup on config, as they need certain Dirs to be made, any questions the FG Par5e thread has many examples.

Larac

First Post
Noticed I left GP prices in that entry, gone now in my module.

For the 3.5 stuff I am using the following thumb rules:
+1 to 3 =+1
+4 to 7 =+2
+8 to 10= +3

Skill Bonus is Proficiency (+1 to 2) +2 (+5), Advantage(+10)
So if the Boots gave a +1 to Stealth it is now Proficiency
If the boots gave +10 to Stealth it is now Advantage

Until I started looking at these forgot how large of pluses they were.
May reduce Advantage to Plus 5 still debating.

phantomK9

Explorer
Until I started looking at these forgot how large of pluses they were.
May reduce Advantage to Plus 5 still debating.

+5 for Advantage is currently the conversion used in the rules for things like passive checks with advantage...so that should be good.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
My friend runs an adventuring club, and they are doing something like organized play in a shared homebrew world that they have multiple DMs creating. They bought the Ultimate and the rules modules and are doing up many of their adventures in it. Running both tabletop + 1-2 remote with a big TV on the game table or pure remote VTT.

Still getting fully up to speed on it. One complaint was matching grids to maps that already had grids as part of the image but otherwise rather impressive.

Larac

First Post
There is a tool on the MAP, you drag a corner to make a square, that is the new grid size.
Many maps made for FG have a marked square in a corner just for that purpose, though any square will do.

Then DM drops a 5x5 Token down scales it and sets the scale. Now all squares should match the token at 5x5.

If the scale is 10x10 on the map, one can yse a larger token or two diagonal to set the size.

This was done as some maps have grids some do not, takes a little practice.

Drop it into an encounter and the size should stay so when you share it it is ready to go.

Best way I have found is run a second copy of FG on the same system I am building stuff on, Join Game use LOCAL HOST as address.
Really good for making sure the NPCs are where I want them and hidden stuff is hidden.

This way I can see what the players will see when I bring up an Image or map, and make sure it is what I want.

Oh as Xorn says, always lock the drawing tools or you will get crude drawings.

SheckyS

First Post
I realize this is an old thread, but does anyone know of any free modules online?

I've just started using FG, and I did a conversion of The Burning Plague module. I updated it to D&D 5e and created the whole module in FG. Took me a few days to get it all right. I'm looking forward to creating my own content in the future, but I figured I would start out with a preexisting module just to keep things simple at first. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Anyone created their own Fantasy Grounds modules with the official 5E D&D core materials yet?

well :):):):) you then you useless bitch, what prompts you to write an answer like that :):):):)ing prick.

Au revoir. You created an acknowledged by just to swear at a two year old post? I won't even both explaining. Everybody else, please ignore this post.

Last edited:

Remove ads