D&D 5E Fifth Age: A hard science fiction 5e conversion

Capn Charlie

Explorer
So i may have changed a minor detail for my game. It didn't make sense to me why a Synthetic's armor class was exactly the same as a regular humans, 10+ dex modidier. With synthetics being sentient robotic humanoids, their outer body would most likely be comprised of light ceramic or compoaite interlocking plates to protect the very touchy insides. Since metals are generally stronger than skin, weight for weight, i made theirbase armor class 12+ dexterity modifier. This also eliminates the ned to wear light armor like skinsuits, which is useless for synthetics anyways. It just didnt make sense that we would use soft metals to protect the electronics of robots that were once. Small enough of a change to not effect gameplay but enoigh to make sense

In my mind, the synthetic's bonus HP was intended to be representative of their plating and composition, but I have always imagined most synthetic "armors" to be more like body modifications either permanently or semi-permanently applied to their chassis.

Your fix works as well, and I can't see much wrong with it from a balance perspective.

Magistus71

Explorer

Remove ads