D&D 5E Celestial Warlocks?

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
I'm kind of tempted to play a Celestial Warlock with a Blade Pact as some kind of alternate holy avenger paladin.

I've been thinking the same, taking it to level 5, then multiclassing as a Divine Soul Sorcerer (or perhaps start as the Sor). Would have to be an Scourge Asimar of course...:)

Xeviat

Hero
The role playing potential of the Celestial Warlock intrigues me a whole lot more than the actual mechanics.

I feel this way about a lot of 5E actually. I LOVE so many of the subclasses. They often speak to me and give me ideas for adventures. Like the "Zealot Barbarian". I instantly imagined sending the party on a journey to a mountain tomb of the undying army, a tomb full of 77 Zealots. Since they can be raised from the dead without spending components, with time, a high level cleric could bring them all to life. They would then join the PCs in their war.

The Celestial Warlock speaks to my view of the Warlock as an alternative to the Divine Cleric. Warlocks deal with beings that aren't gods, that are outside the realms of civilized religion. It's neat.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
The whole "find rituals in-game" is one of those things I'd generally take up with the GM in session 0. If it's not happening then make some noise about it. It's possible the GM has just forgotten to make it happen.

I'm surprised no one has meantioned the usual book pact combo for Magic-Whacking-Stick (MWS) + GFB. Plus the bonus fire(+radiant) damage at level 6.

Mean damage at Level 6 (Cha 18): Agonising Blast 19hp: MWS+GFB+RS vs two adjacent targets 25.5hp
Mean Damage at level 17 (20 Cha): Agonising Blast 42hp: MWS+GFB+RS vs two adjacent targets 46.5hp

I haven't included Hex in the calculations, since it is the same for both.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases