Kickstarter The REBUILDING EN WORLD Kickstarter Project

Roland55

First Post
OK.

Back from a long business trip. Noticed this so ... went and put my money where my gaming is.

So to speak.;)

Spend it well.

Roland55

First Post
Wow! I think I have Paizo to thank for a boost last night! If any of you get their newsletter, they included the following, very kind words:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Also, while I have your attention, I wanted to let you know about a very worthy Kickstarter that has nothing directly to do with Paizo or Goblinworks. Our friend Morrus, who owns and runs ENWorld, has a Kickstarter running right now to help him rebuild ENWorld. Last month, EN World was attacked by some sophisticated hackers who destroyed much of what Morrus and the gaming community have built over the last decade. Since EN World isn't funded by a large company but rather by Morrus's own pocketbook plus contributions from his community, the economic hill of paying for the restoration of EN World almost brought this RPG gaming website to its knees. But instead of giving in, Morrus is fighting back, and this Kickstarter is a way for those of us who believe in the benefits that EN World brings to our favorite hobby to give a little back. If you can, please help [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Morrus ; every little bit will help him bring ENWorld further from the brink of death."
[/FONT]

Just saw this, myself. Been catching up after being away.

I'm sure it was a big help. If I hadn't noticed the kickstarter here, I'd have seen it there.

Mary_Crowell

First Post
So Russ, are you going to add stretch goals, or just ask Kickstarter to end the drive early so you can get the process started now?

Looking forward to a GENCON game with you!
"£75.00 - GENCON GAMER II! GENCON GAMER! You will invited to an exclusive one-shot game at GenCon to be DMd/GMd by Ryan "Rangerwickett" N..."

And to those who have mentioned it, how does one find out where one is in the order of backers on the Kickstarter site? (I'm on the fourth page of backers.) The pounds/dollars thing didn't phase me. It's usually pretty easy to find ways to give sites my money. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Put up a pledge to get the PDFs and the PbP stuff. Speaking of Paizo one think I'd like to see as a stretch goal for the PbP is to have aliases. I really like how on the Paizo forum you can have an alias for each PbP game you are in, though I am not sure how feasible that is with zetaboards.

We have them - though the implementation is slightly different. You can link two or more member accounts and switch quickly between them. All you need is the password of each to link them.

Looking forward to a GENCON game with you!
"£75.00 - GENCON GAMER II! GENCON GAMER! You will invited to an exclusive one-shot game at GenCon to be DMd/GMd by Ryan "Rangerwickett" N..."

And to those who have mentioned it, how does one find out where one is in the order of backers on the Kickstarter site? (I'm on the fourth page of backers.) The pounds/dollars thing didn't phase me. It's usually pretty easy to find ways to give sites my money. :)

Hiya! I guess I'll need to talk with you and at least 2 other folks about what kind of game to do. What do you normally play, and what do you have an interest in?

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I am a little sad about the response, don't get me wrong, it is great to see the goal be reached and stretched but only less than 300 backers! EN World has thousands of members and is a site that has been a major launching pad for a lot of change in the industry, I would love to see huge numbers! :hmm:

Remove ads