EN World KickStarter - Issues?

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
For some reason, it is not taking my pledge...will try a different browser later. No error messages or showing anything in issue, just never moves from the pledge page...

Last edited:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Oh, saw this in the IE8 Browser...Webpage error details...so try from another browser...damn work IE8.

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 13:18:51 UTC

Line: 685
Char: 276
Code: 0
URI: https://d297h9he240fqh.cloudfront.net/cache-cd9fcb6e1/assets/base.js

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Eeek. I can't do anything about Kickstarter.com, unfortunately.

What I am going to do, though is add a separate PayPal option for those who can't use Kickstarter for whatever reason.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Eeek. I can't do anything about Kickstarter.com, unfortunately.

What I am going to do, though is add a separate PayPal option for those who can't use Kickstarter for whatever reason.

It is funny as I have KickStarted on 5 projects and this is the only one that I have an issue with, must be the crossing of the pond.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Morrus,

I was poking through the Kickstarter things and saw one I liked, but it is sold out. Though it's a bit more detailed than I had thought. Could we donate to have an illustration done of a fantasy character? I mean, I have two (one from a super-powered anime-knock off and another from a number of D&D campaigns) that I would like to actually have illustrated. Maybe a proper donation through the PayPal set up to get to send the information on one character to be illustrated? Just without it being an NPC in Zeitgiest (unless you guys like 'er, then we could talk about that). I think it'd be really cool to have those, get them framed and up on the wall.

Anyway, thought I'd suggest it. ;)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Morrus,

I was poking through the Kickstarter things and saw one I liked, but it is sold out. Though it's a bit more detailed than I had thought. Could we donate to have an illustration done of a fantasy character? I mean, I have two (one from a super-powered anime-knock off and another from a number of D&D campaigns) that I would like to actually have illustrated. Maybe a proper donation through the PayPal set up to get to send the information on one character to be illustrated? Just without it being an NPC in Zeitgiest (unless you guys like 'er, then we could talk about that). I think it'd be really cool to have those, get them framed and up on the wall.

Anyway, thought I'd suggest it. ;)

The reason we could do that for just $25 is because we'd be having illos of NPCs done for the AP anyway, so it isn't that much of a stretch to have a backer describe them. The image is essentially subsidized by adventure path funds we have to spend whether or not a backer describes the NPC!

If they were just custom illos of characters we weren't going to do anyway, we could certainly do that, but it would cost drastically more. And that was just for head shots; full body would be even more.

So in short - yes, we can do that. But how much would you pay for it? The numbers have to work! :)

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
The reason we could do that for just $25 is because we'd be having illos of NPCs done for the AP anyway, so it isn't that much of a stretch to have a backer describe them. The image is essentially subsidized by adventure path funds we have to spend whether or not a backer describes the NPC!

If they were just custom illos of characters we weren't going to do anyway, we could certainly do that, but it would cost drastically more. And that was just for head shots; full body would be even more.

So in short - yes, we can do that. But how much would you pay for it? The numbers have to work! :)

Good point. I'm still curious, just for my own knowledge, what such a venture's average price would be. I'll keep eyes and ears open, in case you have a need for another NPC or two. I'll revisit Kickstarter again once I get paid for the last couple of weeks.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Thanks, Morrus!

Noticed the new option on the Kickstarter today for having your character illustrated. Noticed that one of them had already been nabbed. Going to see if I can scrape up $317 US and hop on one of those in the next 3 weeks. Honestly, I hope they sell out. :) Nice to see EnWorld back up after last night's maintenance.

Remove ads