Discovery Trailer

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That new trailer looks fantastic. I can’t wait! New episode tomorrow!

Last edited:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Rotten Tomatoes Scoring vs The Orville

Attachments

• STDiscovery.JPG
    STDiscovery.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 114
  • orville.JPG
    orville.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 126

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Honestly, what I saw in the half-hour my DVR taped was good enough to make me watch the show if it were broadcast on CBS. I didn't like the appearance of the Klingons, but they still seemed right overall.

So you could count me as "a fan, but..."

Ryujin

Legend
It boils down to:
Klingons look different! Yuck!
Vs
Fart jokes! Yay! k

Well close, but not quite, at least where I'm concerned. It's Klingons are different for no reason, look like they're wearing rubber masks and Regency chandeliers, and can't act through the make-up. No attempt was made to make the ships look period, when we were promised "Original Trek." The esthetic of the sets is decidedly Kelvin-verse, which I hated. Universe continuity has been broken in innumerable ways.

vs.

A ST:TNG esthetic with Trek-style stories, coupled with a humorous dialogue.

I caught a few minutes of the fourth episode of Discovery, but couldn't watch it all at the time. I've PVRed it and will watch it tonight but, given the slice of it I saw, that will likely be the last time.

Who doesn't like a good fart joke? :p

I believe to be not above any form of "low-brow" humor, but I can't help but feeling that there joke timing isn't all that bad.
They just often don't really fit well into the story. Farscape (or maybe a more watched show, Stargate) did have a lot of humor, too, but it integrated better.

I think that's something they really need to work on.

Remove ads