D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn frowned, slightly dropping out of guard. Was that Loreen signing? In front of a dragon? What was going on.

"Sooty, go find out what the heck is going on. Ware the dragon." louder he added "False alarm... maybe? Is he always talking off like this?"

The little bat flew out down the tunnel.

Lorenn recognized Mord signature spell for sure.

Quick OOC question: how did you recognize the spell if you were far away? Just trying to make sure I have the scene well understood in my mind.

Fradak

Explorer
Lorenn vs an Ice Troll
Lorenn and the Troll could hear high-pitched shrieks and a deep, murmuring rumble that echoed through the corridors and caverns from somewhere to the north.

Yes, even they can hear the poor kobolds getting eaten by Hadar.

Lorenn sticks with Mord sins the Bhaal temple and as Mord is in the caves, the probabilities that someone else cast this kind of spell seems very low.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: I think he recognised the spell from the insane desperate high-pitched sound of the screams.

Sooty flew clockwise down the circular corridor, coming face-to-face with Eko. Both familiars noticed that there were Kobolds gathering weapons and otherwise getting organised in their lair-cavern. The noise had alerted them, but they did not appear eager to discover what was behind the sounds echoing all around them.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
OOC: Yep, Lorenn should be well and used to Mord's dark side.

Mord listened to the distant yet reverberating roars and booms and shrugged, letting his disguising magic fade away. "So much for the stealthy approach..."

He seems totally aloof to the irony of his statement.

Fradak

Explorer
"Good boy Eko, you found Sooty. Let's see if his master is close."

Then Lorenn whispered to Kalorn, "Well done guys. So much for the stealthy approach..."

He seems totally aware of the irony of his statement.
OOC: Lorenn casts Message on Kalorn, pointing north.

Last edited:

Fradak

Explorer
Lorenn was ready to engage the Kobolds but at the last second, he froze. Some twisted idea has just emerged in his foolish mind.

Hidden in the shadows, he used his illusion tricks to produce his best dragon voice (proud of his recent experience with Dretchroyaster). Then he pointed his finger toward a Kobold and sent him a message.

"INSECT! I DON't LIKE WHAT I HEAR. GO TO THE WIZARD AND FIND OUT WHAT SHE'S SCHEMING OR YOU WILL REGRET IT IN THE SHORT MOMENT THAT REMAIN IN YOUR INSIGNIFICANT LIFE."

Then he sent a message to Kalorn again, "BE READY! Oops, sorry... Be ready. They might lead us to Maccath."
If it worked, the Kobold could leave in any direction. As Sooty came from the North, there is at least another passage. Waiting for the Kobold's reaction, he remained hidden, still under his ice camouflage.

OOC: Lorenn casts Minor illusion to change his voice and then Message to give the order to the Kobold.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Give me a Deception Check. You won't be able to contact Kalorn, because he's out of range. Not by much, actually, but more like 150-160 feet away.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto, frustrated that "some" people could easily get up the icy slope, called out to Primus: Hey, Primus! Can you catch this rope and find somewhere to secure it? He loosened the rope from the backpack and readied himself to throw it up to Primus.
Sesto had heard the booming noise from the other end of the tunnel and if something bad was coming from there, he didn't want to be caught in an dead-end. Better prepare for an escape route.

OOC: [roll0]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
It wasn't a great throw, but Primus was able to collect the coil of rope just before it slid back down the ice-ramp. Securing it would be another matter. There was nothing to attach it to, other than slick, frost-covered walls and floors.

OOC: You know, assuming he picks it up.

Remove ads