Thor: The Dark World (SPOILERS)

Janx

Hero
I believe that is the case with most 3D movies, personally.

Any of the films that weren't done specifically for 3d fall in that bucket. When I hear post-something something 3d, I know they added it as an afterthought.

Since 3d got big, Avatar and Gravity are the only two true-3d films that I am aware of that were designed, planned and shot for 3d. I was happy with both.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Any of the films that weren't done specifically for 3d fall in that bucket. When I hear post-something something 3d, I know they added it as an afterthought.

Since 3d got big, Avatar and Gravity are the only two true-3d films that I am aware of that were designed, planned and shot for 3d. I was happy with both.

Yeah, when 3D is tacked on it feels, well, tacked on. It's an obvious afterthought and that makes it more distracting than anything else. There is one form of 3D I hate even more, though: 3D that does things for the sake of 3D. You know, every axe has to come flying out of the screen, every weapon ever is pointed at the audience, etc. So, so lame. Give me tacked on over that crap any day.

I've not seen Gravity but I have seen Avatar. Avatar did 3D right. It was ... natural. Though the plot, IMO, leaves a lot to be desired the 3D was a real achievement. It set the bar and I've not seen anything come close to it since.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases