a few questions

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That sounds like a good fix to me.

On another note. For health it says if you roll less than 3 times your END you increase it to that amount. Should that be 3 times the number of dice rolled?

Used to be, but it was coming out a little low, so now it's 3xEND (which is the score used to calculate monsters' HEALTH). The odd quirk of that is that it benefits you much more on an odd number than an even number (5 health x 3 = 15, and you roll 3d6; whereas 4 health x 3 = 12, and you roll 3d6). That makes that additional END point worth having; otherwise improving it from 4-5 has no benefit to you.

dekrass

Explorer
Is there any way to learn a spell list aside from taking a rank in a magical tradition?

As far as I can tell 7MP is the strongest you can make a concoction, according to the text. The tables indicate much higher numbers. Why is that?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Is there any way to learn a spell list aside from taking a rank in a magical tradition?

There will be, yes. The current playtest iteration doesn't include it, but there will be XP-based spell list acquisition like there is for psionics in N.E.W.

As far as I can tell 7MP is the strongest you can make a concoction, according to the text. The tables indicate much higher numbers. Why is that?

There's room for future higher-tier traditions granting the ability to do so, and so on. Also, the catalyst bonus of precious gems isn't intended to count towards that limit (it's a way to "pay" to exceed your normal limits) - I'm not sure if the text is clear on that or not.

dekrass

Explorer
Just after the weapon quality table the text says that you have to take a skill the required number of times to get the benefits of a mastercrafted weapon. Is that a holdover from an earlier version?

While I'm on about weapons, any chance we'll get info on ammunition and reloading soon? I like the idea of including elven musketeers.

thundershot

Adventurer
Sorry to hijack a thread, but I haven't playtested or anything yet, but how difficult would it be to play without a battle map and minis? We play very casually in the living room with no table. We each have a lap desk.. I'm concerned about the tactical part of the game. 4E was very difficult and we ended up switching to Pathfinder... Just curious.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Sorry to hijack a thread, but I haven't playtested or anything yet, but how difficult would it be to play without a battle map and minis? We play very casually in the living room with no table. We each have a lap desk.. I'm concerned about the tactical part of the game. 4E was very difficult and we ended up switching to Pathfinder... Just curious.

As it is, quite difficult. I plan to write a "theatre of the mind" combat section, but it's some way off yet.

torrasque666

First Post
If you don't mind me hopping on here, I have a question.

I see two adventure modules for NEW in the playtest documents I downloaded, but nothing for OLD. Is there a reason for this? It just seems to me overall that NEW is a lot more fleshed out than OLD.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases