RPG Crowdfunding News 110: Rise of the Demigods, Era: The Chosen, Imperial Jupiter, House of Keyes,

Do you want to play young Godlings? The last line of defense against a horrific invasion that's been trying to enter our world for centuries? Explore Jupiter? Explore a new Slavic-inspired fantasy setting? Get a fresh look at some of the monsters that appear in your games? Or maybe hang a madness inducing calendar on your office wall next year? Welcome to this week's RPG Crowdfunding round-up!

Rise of the Demigods by Aram Vartian
(Campaign Ends : Thursday 30th August 2018; 18:00 UTC)

Rise of the Demigods is the first in a series of adventures for the 5th edition setting of Godsfall. The characters tale on the roles of young demigods, which are then introduced to the world of Khalgun before the destruction of the Godswar.

Rise of the Demigods will have custom spells, divinities, divine feats, creatures, places, maps, and the introduction to the first Godsfall adventure: Spark of Divinity.

Before the Godswar, before the Worldstorm, before the Five Kingdoms were all that was left of life on Khalgun, demigods strode across the planet like divine kings and queens. Mankind and god alike sought to control them, but a few would rise beyond the old order.

Rise takes place just before the breaking of the world, when the Old Gods sought to bolster their claim on Khalgun by siring demigod offspring to rule it. Their divine children laid waste to whole continents in their name, and many mortals of the realms grew to despise them.

Coalitions were formed and armies marched upon their divine creators, slaughtering many of the demigods and threatening the rule of the gods themselves. As the people's’ faith waned, so did the gods’ power.

Desperate to halt this erosion, the gods called a council to deal with the demigod issue once and for all. It was decreed that each god was allowed to claim three demigod offspring. Those who are born unclaimed must prove their worth through training and trials in the divine halls and magical valleys of the Temple of Udea.

Spark of Divinity is the first in a series of adventures designed for young demigods who are just discovering their powers in a world grown hostile to godly whims.

Inquisitors from the Temple of Udea scour the land in search of the Unclaimed; children of gods who abandoned them, and who have no knowledge of their birthright, and those illegally sired by a pair of demigod parents.

The magical fields and valleys below the Temple of Udea are filled with monstrosities and magics from every divine house...and a handful of true horrors not native to Khalgun. The players will have to face many of them, all while trying to survive the plots and schemes of the other demigods. Not all demigods go unclaimed, and those who have the full-force of their godly parents behind them are the temple’s greatest threats.

Players will navigate their newfound powers while struggling to survive the many tests and trials of the temple. They will be forced to rely on the clan to which they are assigned; one weak link will bring them all down.

Era: The Chosen – A Horror RPG: Defend our dimension by Shades of Vengeance
(Campaign Ends : Sunday 16th September 2018; 20:30 UTC)

Shades of Vengeance’s latest RPG turns its attention to the Horror genre. In the game you take on the role of one of the Chosen, a small number of individuals who can see the Anonassi and the paths into the ‘Lost Lands; where they amass their forces. The game’s timeline spans over a hundred years, from the first recorded encounter with Anonassi, and the start of the war to drive them back into their dimension, through the industrial revolution and the development of new technologies and on to the modern era, where the war heats up once again.

Characters belong to one of the Clans, such as the D’aoust Clan (which is primarily dedicated to the appropriation of objects from the Lost Lands), the Garcia’s (fearless warriors dedicated to taking the fight to the Anonassi and eradicating them as a threat to Humanity), or Rostovs (who believe that Humanity should be protected from the dangerous knowledge of the fight between the Anonassi and the Chosen).

The game uses the simple Era d10 system which powers all of the Era range of titles.

Imperial Jupiter: A planet sourcebook for Rocket Age RPG by Why Not Games
(Campaign Ends : Wednesday 29th August 2018; 19:58 UTC)

Ken Spencer’s Rocket Age is an alternate history pulpy retro sci-fi game of interplanetary adventure, using the Vortex system (Doctor Who: Adventures in Time & Space). As the title of this campaign suggests, the subject of this Kickstarter is the Solar Systems largest planet – Jupiter.

Explore the sky islands of Jupiter, brave the terrors of the Great Red Spot, and descend into the fiery heart of the planet where the temperature and pressure can crush a rocket ship like a tin can. The Jovians are given some love throughout this chapter and the rest of the book, as is right since 1they tend to stay. The Jovians have only recently emerged from hiding in the depths of the planet's atmosphere only to discover that they are not alone.

When you're done return to the Anglo-American Air Docks to rest and refit, or find all new types of trouble in the hanging warrens of Down Below or the politically charged halls of diplomats and businesses. The Docks are the central hub for games set in the Jovian System, a place to seek adventure as much to find it. Tell Rainsong we said, "hi".

Imperial Jupiter is more than just a single planet, the major moons offer danger and adventure, wealth and death in equal amounts.

Io is a post-apocalyptic wasteland of marauding mutants and dangerous monsters. Explorers come here to loot the ruins of Io from before the Europans blasted the moon, and hope they do not fall prey to the toxic environment or the deadly creatures that inhabit it, not to mention the Ioites themselves. Some of the greatest dangers on the moon are weapons left over from the war that ended Io's rise to challenge Europa for supremacy.

Ganymede is a cool forested moon where all life is plant or fungus based. There is a war growing on Ganymede as the natives battle Earthlings and others who have come to exploit rich timber and mineral resources. Not only do we detail the moon, but also we give information about the native Ganymedians. Watch out for the thorn-elk.

Europa is off limits to all other species, but in lieu of visiting that planet Imperial Jupiter reveals the secrets behind the Europans. Their origins, their government, technology, and even their fie separate sexes are detailed. Questions long asked, such as what the Europans are up to, why they are so odd, and what planet will they disintegrate first are answered.

New equipment and character traits provide something for everyone. There are new toys for Europans, Jovians, and Ganymedians to play with, and examples of the cutting edge of Earthling technology. Included in the latter are the deadly Volksuntertasse II of the Nazi rocket force.

House of Keys: Both Praxis and Protocol Squared Editions by Postworldgames Jim Pinto
(Campaign Ends : Friday 31st August 2018; 19:02 UTC)

Jim Pinto’s latest game, a lawless Slavic-inspired fantasy setting, is being offered in two game systems. The lighter Protocol Squared system that is ideal for telling shorter stories in about two-hour sessions, or the more involved Praxis system. Both systems are GMless and require little to no preparation time to get started.

House of Keys is the first glimpse into a rich, new fantasy world — Iron Medusa. This world spins new legends and folklore while remaining rooted in Eastern European cultures. Here adventure finds you. House of Keys introduces that world through the lens of a doomed mansion infested with loathsome spirits where trapped adventurers have turned against one another in a fight for survival.
House of Keys focuses on psychological horror.

The character archetypes from this world are merely a taste of what’s to come. Future games will showcase characters in more traditional roles, defending their homes and villages while dealing with the warlords and menacing spirits who rule the land. House of Keys is the start of a sprawling new experience.

In House of Keys, the characters are not-so-typical adventurers exploring a decrepit mansion to look for treasure inside… or to avoid a violent storm raging outside. But once inside, the characters find the mansion has secrets it intends to keep hidden. A twisted and malevolent energy holds the adventurers hostage. Passageways reach dead ends. Doors open to brick walls. Trap doors lead to stairs going nowhere. Sounds echo from places unseen. Unreachable. Unthinkable. Apparitions follow wherever the characters go. And somewhere, at the heart of the mansion, lies an ancient evil, toying with the characters like a cat with a dying mouse.

Are the apparitions sent by this ancient evil? Or are they past explorers trying to help? The hour of perdition is at hand. Death is imminent. Only one escape lies before them. Can the characters find it? Or will fear and mistrust swallow them whole?

L’gat’s Tome of Amazing Creatures – Volume 2 by Jarin
(Campaign Ends : Friday 31st August 2018; 03:59 UTC)

This is the second volume, of a trilogy, of 5th Edition supplements, which features 26 reskinned and homebrewed monsters with “rich lore, culture, and history sections, several tables including a d100 magic item roll table, and a section containing 12 locations with sights, sounds, and sensations specifically designed to cater disabilities. Each Location will also have a trap, a puzzle and a riddle along with monsters from the series that might be found there”

The Year of Cthulhu – A 2019 Calendar by New Comet Games
(Campaign Ends : Friday 31st August 2018; 02:00 UTC)

It doesn’t seem quite possible that we’re already thinking about 2019 calendars. But as the harsh realisation dawns that we’ve only got just over four months of the year left (to cries of “where has the year gone!?!?!”) I guess it is time, especially if you’re buying one via Kickstarter as it’ll need to be printed and fulfilled in fairly quick (for a Kickstarter) turnaround to be hanging on your wall by the 1st of Jan.

New Comet Games have designed a Cthulhu-flavored calendar for 2019, featuring the fantastic artwork of Evgeni Maloshenkov. The calendar provides twelve images to haunt your days, and dreams, in the coming year.

If you like what we do here at EN World (the Forums, Columns, News, ENnies, etc) and would like to help support us to bring you MORE please consider supporting our Patreon. Even a single dollar helps Thanks!

If you have a forthcoming Kickstarter, or see one that excites you, please feel free to drop me an email on angus.abranson@gmail.com You can follow me on Twitter @ Angus_A or on Facebook where I often post about gaming.

Until next week, have fun and happy gaming!

Angus Abranson

Ken Spencer

Explorer
Imperial Jupiter passed its first stretch goal today, adding Callisto to the moons covered alongside Europa, Ganymede, and Io. With any luck we will hit Metis by the time the project ends, and possibly even Amalthea.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I enjoyed the first couple of seasons of Godsfall. Besides being very well produced while still capturing the feel of playing at the table, Aram Vartian created a compelling world with a rich backstory. I don't know that I would like to run a "players are latent demigods" campaign, but I might buy to just enjoy reading and for the artwork.

jhilahd

Explorer
I enjoyed the first couple of seasons of Godsfall. Besides being very well produced while still capturing the feel of playing at the table, Aram Vartian created a compelling world with a rich backstory. I don't know that I would like to run a "players are latent demigods" campaign, but I might buy to just enjoy reading and for the artwork.

Yeah, I wasn't sold on Godsfall as a campaign setting. I like the story and ideas. But couldn't see myself using the setting.
But this... has got my attention. I like Exalted and Godbound, but can't seem to convince my group to try those. This... might be the gateway dru... er setting to do that.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Yeah, I wasn't sold on Godsfall as a campaign setting. I like the story and ideas. But couldn't see myself using the setting.
But this... has got my attention. I like Exalted and Godbound, but can't seem to convince my group to try those. This... might be the gateway dru... er setting to do that.

So, I went all in for both hardcovers and the PDFs. I think it is cool that the PDFs will come with audio for every read-aloud text box. Not sure how well that will work in play --- I hate running games from PDF --- but it is innovative. If I can save the audio separately, and if I decide to ever run the game, I could put the audio in RealmWorks, which could be cool.

Mostly, however, I just want to read and browse the books. Looks like they will be beautiful.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases