D&D 5E Fighting With Style, Fighting Styles as Level 1 subclass choices

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
@Garthanos With respect, I do not care about not picking examples of zero to hero narratives. I’m not here to follow every possible rabbit hole of a debate that ever presents itself. Rand is a farmboy, his dad barely trains him, and I’ve read these books 7 times. You aren’t going to badger me into agreeing with you, so just drop it.

I've no idea who Rand is, but we need more of this!

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
My solution to the thread is don't play zeros... start at a slightly higher level then there is less inclination to front load the class;

In general I think the first 4 levels were designed to draw out multi-classing as a multi-level resource expenditure and from a character design point of view making level 1 more feature heavy increases class dipping

If nothing else its a potential problem to keep your eyes open for.

Last edited:

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I doubt that the numbers actually keep up relative to Extra Attack. Thus, “less impactful as you level” rather than “don’t scale”.

Slightly less so sure as your base attack goes up in damage slightly as you gain ASI's. But that's really the only negative type scaling provided to the fighter's damage based fighting styles.

A fighters weapon damage only goes up a tiny fraction as they level. generally from 9.5 to 11.5 or 11.33 to 13.33.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases