D&D 4E 4e Clone − help create it!

Yaarel

He Mage
Note since Charisma is at best a secondary attribute for the fighter or even worse if you want it to be at all effective it is likely Charisma + 2 or 3 even that and/or a proficiency bonus (not sure) especially since you made it a roll for every every taunting - they smashed it together in 4e both to simplify and avoid problems like .1/2chance x 1/2 chance to taunt = 1/4, or even 2/3 chance to hit x 2/3 chance to taunt... is 4/9

I assume most Knights/Warlords will make either Strength or Dexterity primary, then make either Intelligence or Charisma secondary. Depending on build. However, I assume a ‘lazylord’ Knight will make either Intelligence or Charisma primary, then the remaining Intelligence or Charisma secondary.

My approach is to make any of these scores viable depending on build: Intelligence, Charisma, Dexterity, or Strength. The Knight/Warlord would be Multi-Ability-Dependent to try cover all four, but I hope any two would work well.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I assume most Knights/Warlords will make either Strength or Dexterity primary, then make either Intelligence or Charisma secondary. Depending on build. However, I assume a ‘lazylord’ Knight will make either Intelligence or Charisma primary, then the remaining Intelligence or Charisma secondary.
Come and Get it Is not a Lazylord maneuver unless he can make an ally into the bait and trap so it remains a secondary for the style of character likely to use it, and might be a tertiary for the tough guy who really wants as many as possible next to him ;)

The problem of compound rolling needs addressed in your design it is a classic one in D&D basically you end up hiding cool effects behind a series of skill checks and you get a very lame not worth attempting thing out of the deal. It has happened with improvised maneuvers throughout the games history.

I call it the Legolas and the Behemoth issue...

The fact that you are skilled in this particular trick is why in story it is more reliable than just using a normal act. The fact that we are playing a game and spending a not so immediately recoverable resource however is why it needs to be reliable for the player.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
My approach is to make any of these scores viable depending on build: Intelligence, Charisma, Dexterity, or Strength. The Knight/Warlord would be Multi-Ability-Dependent to try cover all four, but I hope any two would work well.

Oh I quite agree about using the secondary as build / design dependent - remember the Fighter is the ultimate tough guy, in 4e they most definitely had builds that made CON their secondary (featured a lot of temporary hit points and bold fearless attacks in 4e it was almost a different rout to striker roll too)

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
The power if it is working on top of the Battlemaster needs to be different. Come and get it for 5e.Battlemaster

False Opening or Taunt .

Spend a superiority die
Range 20 feet +5 per stat mod

Spend your movement setting up bait (this costs up to your full move according to your choice) You may induce any enemies within range who fail their save, to move that many feet plus 5 times your characters charisma or intelligence or wisdom modifier towards you ending adjacent if able to see you and move without generating opportunity attacks. The distance is divided between enemies affected according to your choice.

Add your proficiency bonus and your charisma modifier +2 to the difficulty of the subjects wisdom save if they fail they move according to your intention. This move occurs during your turn and you must arrange it to not induce opportunity attacks or the enemies do not move;

the first enemy you attack this turn affected by this deception you may deliver extra damage equal to the die plus (Wis or Int or Charisma) or you may attack one additional affected enemy adjacent to you this turn.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases