ZEITGEIST ZEITGEIST 5E

I believe it's in the players guide to zeitgeist that, at least in Pathfinder, that due to training and laws that Constables are able to deal non-lethal damage without issue.

Police shouldn't be just running around and killing people, so I generally give them the opportunity to do non-lethal damage whenever they choose. Sometimes I make them specify. Sometimes I offer clues to whether people are nearly at 0hp and see if they specify accordingly.

And in some cases regarding enemies that the PCs have history and grudge with - such as Lorcan Kell- I'll require a willpower sav or check to do non-lethal damage

Sent from my SM-G955U using EN World mobile app
In the 5e guide, it's just noted that 5e normally allows you to knock out a target with melee but only melee damage, hence my question.

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
I just tell my players when someone goes down and they can choose at that time to make it a non-lethal hit.

I do not allow this for guns.

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
It's more like, "Huh. How do I model the party fighting a 15th-level fighter who's already taken out a hundred people and is down to only a few hit points?" In 4e and PF his AC was very high so the party probably needed a nat 20 to even hurt him, while each of his attacks probably dropped a PC. (The intention was to make the party try negotiation, to highlight very early on that the world has very dangerous people, and to teach them that not every challenge in this campaign is overcome by combat.)

god, in our 4e game he got absolutely wrecked by a 1st-level monk daily that does a stun on a hit and like 2d8 damage plus daze on a miss. that plus an auto-hitting magic missile and he was down. I just re-interpreted "down" as "respects the PCs' power and starts the negotiation himself."

Actually, ZEITGEIST #1: Island at the Axis of the World starts at level 3 in the 5E version.

Before the first adventure, we will be releasing a short prologue adventure called Bonds of Forced Faith. This is set long before the actual AP, and is designed as a one-shot with certain historical pregenerated characters from the setting.

in the Box it is still called an adventure from level 1 to level 20 which was confusing and brought me to this thread.

corwyn77

Adventurer
Actually, now that we have a few, is the current pace what we can expect from the rest of the AP: 3 parts per chapter, 1 part per month. That would be roughly 3 years so I'm wondering if I should just convert it myself if that's the case.

Tormyr

Adventurer
I got the email, cheers :).

Sure. So far they have posted about 201 pages of content in 333 days or about 1.66 days per page (assuming a 1/1/2017 start date). I seem to remember someone saying there are about 1200 pages in the adventure path. Really rough numbers, we have 1000 pages to go. If they get to 1.5 days per page, we are looking at around New Year's 2022 for all of the AP to be published. The end of adventure 2 might be mid to late February 2018.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases