Warriors of Waterdeep: New Free to Play D&D Mobile Game Coming Soon

Once again instead of making a really good CRPG based on 5th edition, they do a gimmicky game trying to cash in on a fad for a quick buck.

Meanwhile Pathfinder: Kingmaker seems really awesome, aka the model for gaming that WotC should have been looking at.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Just based on the UI it looks like it's going to be a game of filling weapon/armor slots with items of increasing power.

So, in other words, based loosely on 5e rules but not at all on 5e spirit.

Boo. I've already played enough World of Warcraft, tyvm.
Yes, I'm sure that people playing 5e don't hope to upgrade their weapons and armour with better, magical versions.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I don't play mobile games, but I hope it's successful I hope it earns buckets of money and they ask themselves "What can we do next?" and that next game is more up my alley.

In the mean time i'll be picking up NWN EE.

Also as much as I love CRPGs I don't think every D&D game should be an attempt to clone the TTRPG experience.

For example, I would play the hell out of an Overwatch style game where you pick a character based on one of the 12 classes which has a few iconic class abilities as their load outs.

MonkeezOnFire

Adventurer
I don't play a lot of mobile games, but I do check stuff out every once in a while if it's something related to my interests so I'll probably give this a shot once it comes out. It's free to try after all so it's not like I have much to lose.

No thanks, ill be patient for a real game or nothing over mobile trash.

I will take a decent mobile game over PC or console trash. Shovelware you have paid for is so much more painful than a little time lost trying a free game. I gave the Neverwinter MMO a try but it just did not click for me, so I was very glad it was free. I never did buy Sword Coast Legends, and from everything that has been said about it, I am happy I did not waste any money on it, not even when it shows up on sale for $5-10 in a PS Store sale.

And to quote [MENTION=6802553]BookBarbarian[/MENTION]

"...but I hope it's successful. I hope it earns buckets of money and they ask themselves "What can we do next?" and that next game is more up my alley."

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
I've been wanting a decent mobile strategy RPG for a long time now. We'll see how much actual strategy is involved and how much pay-to-win mechanics are shoveled in there, but if it's a fun enough diversion it might be worth dropping a few bucks on.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases