What book/book series would you like to see made into a TV show?

Ryujin

Legend
SyFy's doing a great job so far with The Expanse (ie, Leviathan Wakes). So I'll hold out hope for Hyperion.

Since it's no longer completely ridiculous/out of the question, I'd love a prestige cable version of "The Book of the New Sun". Or a flashy & bloody Starz version of Elric.

I would certainly enjoy appropriately dark and bloody versions of either Elric or Corum.

MechaPilot

Explorer
Wasn't there a Ravenloft book that was a book of short stories? They could use the stories from that to start up an animated series that would be kind of a D&D version of Tales From the Crypt.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Amazing Stories - just take stories and just make them as a TV mini-series for a season and then move to another one, like American Horror has done.

The Dresden Files - would like to see it back.

Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser - would be good to see.

Hawk and Fisher - another one that would work for me.

World of Harry Potter - not Harry so much as the world. Make it a crime drama, could be interesting.

Jhaelen

First Post
I would certainly enjoy appropriately dark and bloody versions of either Elric or Corum.
OOooh! Yes, please! I totally forgot about Michael Moorcock's Eternal Hero stories. Personally, my favorite would be Corum, especially the last three books. However, I've always thought that Hawkmoon had the best storyline.

Mallus

Legend
I honestly prefer the Corum stories, but I'd rather see Elric up on a screen. Something about the iconic image of a thin albino swinging that massive black sword. Corum Jhaelen Irsei, though a more appealing and romantic figure, would look kinda freakish with his hand & eye.

Ryujin

Legend
OOooh! Yes, please! I totally forgot about Michael Moorcock's Eternal Hero stories. Personally, my favorite would be Corum, especially the last three books. However, I've always thought that Hawkmoon had the best storyline.

I tossed Corum into the mix, after [MENTION=3887]Mallus[/MENTION] mentioned Elric, because while I thoroughly enjoyed the Elric series, I think that the world may have had more than enough emo goth heroes for now. Corum carries the same sort of stories and emotional weight, without that excess baggage that I think would be far too played-up. Hell, they might even make Elric sparkle, and that I just could not abide.

Corum's god eye and six fingered hand could be done in a subtle manner. In a video presentation his later mechanical replacements could be portrayed in a steampunk style, without going over the top.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Try to re-make _Dune_ as a mini-series. It's too big to fit in a movie, as has been demonstrated twice.

I'd like to see something from Niven's _Known Space_ series. Gil the Arm seems the best prospect, figuring you won't have to re-introduce 500 years of future history so the audience can 'get it' when technology happens. Beowulf Schaffer is Plan B. One story per planet in the solar system might work, too. (Although ... I personally want to become a human protector when I grow up.)

Star Wars novels: the Thrawn trilogy.

Candidate for the "Nobody actually makes season-long TV shows any more" award: Azimov's _Foundation_ series (all of them, although imo the first novels were the best).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases