D&D 5E Points of Light setting and current cross-over strategy: Round peg in the square hole.

S

Sunseeker

The problem is when Wizards separated the fluff from the crunch, people kvetched.

Gamers will never be happy. Wizards should just make whatever the darn well feel like and we can choose to buy it, or not.

dave2008

Legend
Just thought I would post this because reading the whole thing is important than just a snippet...

Also don't forget this, after the snippet above, in the "Background" section:

For Duty and Diety, pg 4
"Through convoluted means (and perhaps the assistance of one or more mortal spellcasters who worshiped one of the goddesses), Waukeen managed to contact and contract Celestian, a power of long-distance and interplanar travel from another crystal sphere. Celestian owed Waukeen an unknown favor and he agreed to repay this debt by removing Waukeen from the Prime Material Plane. He refused to include Lliira in the bargain, since he felt he was already taking sufficient risk in simply transporting Waukeen from the Prime. However, Celestian found this task impossible while Waukeen still possessed her divinity. Ao had bound the gods to Toril in their avatar forms and nothing could overcome that restriction."

Emphasis mine. For those who don’t know Celestian is a Greyhawk god.

dave2008

Legend
Just thought I would post this because reading the whole thing is important than just a snippet.

Also, as [MENTION=907]Staffan[/MENTION] mentioned:

“For Duty and Diety,” pg 57

“The Marketplace appears as nothing more than a huge, sprawling bazaar. It stretches for miles in every direction, with tents and stalls making impromptu roadways through the realm. Gambling halls, drinking tents, and hucksters of all varieties mix here indiscriminately. It’s a place of splendor, but it’s also very, very confusing to a newcomer. The Marketplace Eternal is actually home to four gods of wealth and trade; Waukeen of Toril, Shinare of Krynn, Zilchus of Oerth, and Sera of Aebrynis have pooled their resources to make their realm larger than each of them might have managed alone. Each power maintains his or her own quarter of the realm. Waukeen’s quarter is called the House of Barter, and she eagerly leads the PCs to a wide, busy landing in this portion of the realm. As the group appears, a hush falls over the assembled beings here as they realize who walks among them once more”

Emphasis mine

Corpsetaker

First Post
Laugh Jeff Albertson, DM Magic, oknazevad laughed with this post

Still not sure some of you get it when it comes to the laugh button. You aren't getting the intended effect you are looking for. It's no longer "laugh at" so when you start to "laugh with" a post that nobody was laughing in to begin with it makes you look a bit foolish.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter

Still not sure some of you get it when it comes to the laugh button. You aren't getting the intended effect you are looking for. It's no longer "laugh at" so when you start to "laugh with" a post that nobody was laughing in to begin with it makes you look a bit foolish.

If that helps you sleep at night to think that... more power to you. But just because you tell someone they are using "literally" incorrectly when they use it in a sentence, doesn't mean the person cares. Heh heh.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It seems to me that the point is well proven to everyone except those who are not willing to be convinced. :)

Kind of obvious, since the dude who created the world and the people who run it (namely, Chris Perkins and Matt Sernett) are in complete agreement: since canon is just made up, they can change ot if they felt like it. Luckily for canon sticklers such as [MENTION=6776548]Corpsetaker[/MENTION] they see fit to fit with existing canon.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

I would laugh with you sir/maam, but tapatalk is limited on that front.

Remove ads