Tomb of Annihilation Is Here - What Do You Think?

Today's the day - WotC's latest Dungeons & Dragons adventure, Tomb of Annihilation, is out! Head on down to your friendly (or unfriendly) local (or not so local) gaming (or comic) store and pick up your copy. Alternatively, if you use a virtual table top, it's available for Fantasy Grounds and Roll20.

Today's the day - WotC's latest Dungeons & Dragons adventure, Tomb of Annihilation, is out! Head on down to your friendly (or unfriendly) local (or not so local) gaming (or comic) store and pick up your copy. Alternatively, if you use a virtual table top, it's available for Fantasy Grounds and Roll20.

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 12.53.29.png

The dice look a little disappointing:

View attachment 88433

Left is the advertisement. Right is the actual physical product.

The picture on the right looks like the dice were photographed in black and white. Not sure why the tin lid looks off, unless it is a counterfeit.

Edit: yeah, I cannot find any description anywhere of the tin that says it is really green. I wonder if both the dice and tin are glow-in-the-dark and only show green in that situation?

Last edited by a moderator:

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
That's true, but there's an option to go 'Back to Top' and from there can click one other link to take you back to the Table of Contents. It's two clicks, but still not bad IMO.
As I said, you have to go back to the index page. That is annoying. Any extra clicks are inconvenient if you're having to use it as a constantly sourced reference.

Love the map but is there a legend that says what kind of terrain each hex-depiction is supposed to be? There are terrain-dependent encounter charts that reference various hex-types but no info on the maps themselves as to what each hex-depiction is supposed to be.
Not that I've seen. It's easy enough to judge, though. I mean, you either say you're on the beach or not, for a hex that has beach in it. You're not necessarily "in a hex", you're in a location within the hex, and that can be whatever seems appropriate to the DM at the time.

The dice look a little disappointing:
If that's what the dice actually look like, I'll be returning mine. That is not what was advertised and most definitely not worth the premium price.

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
No more difficult than flipping through a physical book.

D&D Beyond is meant to make things easier as a tabletop replacement for flipping through books. The argument that it's "no more difficult" than flipping through a physical book is ridiculous and defeats the point of buying D&D Beyond in the first place.

Remove ads

Remove ads