Cubicle 7 Wants You To Speak, Friend, Then Enter

Cubicle 7 has teased a deluxe boxed Moria set for its The One Ring RPG. There's not much to know, yet - just a short teaser video showing the title. "A deluxe boxed set for The One Ring and Adventures in Middle-earth.Written Gareth Ryder Hanrahan with Francesco Nepitello." Anyone feel like crossing the Bridge of Khazad-dûm?

[video=youtube;Yj7H8JQwvVw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj7H8JQwvVw[/video]​

Excellent! The Fellowship going through Moria has always been a quintessential D&D experience for me, but I've never had a good Moria product -- missed MERP, and haven't been able to find a good copy of the LotR RPG Moria.

I'm sure it will be a great product -- I've been collecting TheOneRing books because of their art and production value even though I haven't been able to actually play the game. I look forward to picking it up, with my only gripe being the potential that there are separate books for TOR and 5E Adventures in Middle Earth (maybe one dual system book is a possibility?)

Ghal Maraz

Adventurer
As a matter of fact, it will be indeed dual- statted: the first product done this way. The reason for this is that it won't be a "simple" book, but a deluxe boxed set. And we all know how much of a money-sink boxed sets could be for publishers!

Even though I only play The One Ring in it's original system, I'm fine with the box being dual statted. It saves them money to have one product that takes care of both systems. I will add, I'm hoping this isn't a trend for future products of TOR (dual stats).

Even though I only play The One Ring in it's original system, I'm fine with the box being dual statted. It saves them money to have one product that takes care of both systems. I will add, I'm hoping this isn't a trend for future products of TOR (dual stats).

They can dual stat to their hearts content. I really like their work and their books are beautiful. That said, I don't have TOR, I do have AiME. And I want this one. I've passed on products just produced for TOR, and waiting for them to work their way back through their TOR releases for AiME is... annoying. I think dual statting releases would alleviate this problem (for me anyway) even if it means paying more for the products. I first read the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings in the early 70s just before I started D&D in '74. Moria was my ideal dungeon back in the day. I want to see what they do with it.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases