Survivor D&D Computer Games- Baldur's Gate WINS!

Ristamar

Adventurer
Baldur's Gate 26
Baldur's Gate II -1

As the clock ticks past midnight to signify a new day here in the UK, I take great delight in confirming the rightful winner.

Lower level play is a plus. You call it wandering, I call it exploration - also a plus. I've finished it about a dozen times - compared to the sequel just twice. The only game in which I've invested more hours was the original Sid Meier's Civilization.

A worthy winner. The original. The best.

BooThisMan.gif

Last edited:

Yardiff

Adventurer
Just a thought, if you can come up with a good Survivor list, start from the beginning again and see how different the out come might be.

The Beamdog "enhanced editions" started off pretty rough, but after all their patches they're generally worth getting if you don't already have the original games somewhere.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Yeah, definitely the second best game on this list and the third one I wouldn't liked to have won (I'll confess a certain nostalgia for the Eye of the Beholder games even if they haven't held up well). BG2's better character interactions and stories are severely hampered by there being so few of them compared to the first game.

It was also relatively easy to get to where you needed to go via plot without having to wonder aimlessly through filler maps; the maps themselves are all relatively small and most of them have roads to where you're going that don't feature many encounters.

Remove ads