D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:16 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Round 0

Liam looked out over a rather dark, desolate landscape. Where once the green grass of late summer had waved in a warm breeze, the air was cold and dry and the grass gray. The trees of the Ravesnwood and Cold Wood had either lifeless branches or brown, dead leaves rustling like bones in the light rain, the wind sounding like moaning voices, giving it a dead and haunted aspect. The road still stretched to the distance, but it was broken and uneven, desolate. The sky was cloudless, but there was no sun, merely a diffuse lightness that made it dull grey.

The tower itself seemed much as it had been before, but now it was whole, and made of a dark obsidian stone, as black as night. It was also free standing, with no hint of the other outbuildings they had seen before. The wall surrounding the tower as complete, the same black stone, with strong, black gates closed shut. The entire construction seemed more angular, sharper, more...sinister.
[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:
161mgyd.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+5 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 14/18 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 6/19 Unconscious, stable PP 18 Darkvision
Theremin (+5) AC 15 5/19 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 8/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Engir AC 15 30/64 7r to engage characters again.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra, Coriana, Theremin (Sayine), Liam
Travel Pace: Normal
Travel activity: Mindra (watch), Coriana (map), Liam (watch), Theremin (watch), Sayine (watch)
Light: Dim light
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"Mindra's up? Good." "Look, we're all confused as hell right now, so are the kobolds. I'm gonna take this here head and brazenly hold it out and try to scare the little bastards into running away. Tell me no, right now, if I should stop." Coriana turns to the stairs.

tglassy

Adventurer
Liam rubbed the bridge of his nose. Of course nothing is simple. He tries to get an understanding of where he is.

OOC: Not sure what kind of roll that would be. Int is +0, but he is proficient in Arcana and Religion. Here’s a basic Int Check, add 2 if either of those would help.

[roll0]

Lord Twig

Adventurer
"So I wasn't out that long?" Feeling slightly better, Mindra gets to her feet and turns to Coriana. "Anything to keep them off us for a while is worth a try."

She turns back to Liam and Theremin. "So we don't know why is it so dark all of a sudden? Or what happened to the tower?" Not really expecting an answer Mindra joins Liam by the window.

OOC: We came in by climbing up through the windows. Mindra will check to see if that is still a viable avenue for a quick exit. Then will probably be distracted by the drastically changed landscape.

Is it possible for her to guess what the season is? Or how long it would take the landscape to change from what it was to what it is now? Just in case I will make a Int roll for her. If it is Nature she would get a +5. Otherwise it would be just +1 for her Int.
[roll0]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
OOC: The rope you all climbed up with is not there (so whoever's rope it was, mark it off). It is difficult to tell season, or even the time, with no real sun in the sky. You were in the equivalent of around early to mid-September. It is decidedly chillier right now, with a cold breeze and a bit of light rain.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin is deep in thought, trying to remember if he has ever head of a legend or tale of such a thing happening. Did they travel through time, space, or perhaps the tower affected their surroundings?

OOC:
Arcana [roll0]
History [roll1]
Religion [roll2]

He then inspects the area. ''It seems there is no easy way of getting here, perhaps we should rest, gather our strenght, and plan our next actions. Besides, I have a tale to tell''

OOC: Lobbying for a long rest, short rest, or 10 minutes at the minimum, in that order. The 10 minutes will give 8 temp hp to all, and the short rest will allow us to heal up. Theremin is low on spells, so a long rest would solve that.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"If we rest, we'll need to be extra careful, we know there are hostiles below us."

OOC: I'm fine with resting, I could use a short rest for my abilities and spells.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:18 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Round 0

OOC: Theremin can't recall anything.

As the heroes debate whether to rest or not, a shimmering begins in the air above the body of the slain kobold sorcerer. It coalesces into the image of the kobold, whole, and without the white blemishes. The form is wavering and insubstantial as it moves. The vision said something in a language the heroes couldn’t understand, looking to the south, toward what had been the Cold Forest.

Sayine whispered in Theremin’s ear, translating the Draconic, “She said, ‘Free at last!’”
[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+5 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 14/18 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 6/19 Unconscious, stable PP 18 Darkvision
Theremin (+5) AC 15 5/19 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 8/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Engir AC 15 30/64 6r to engage characters again.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra, Coriana, Theremin (Sayine), Liam
Travel Pace: Normal
Travel activity: Mindra (watch), Coriana (map), Liam (watch), Theremin (watch), Sayine (watch)
Light: Dim light
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Barely on her feat, and with no idea how she would engage a spirit kobold anyway, Mindra does what comes naturally and hides from the apparition.

OOC: Well my rolls haven't been the best, but we'll see how this goes. Mindra moves to the closest cover and tries to hide.
Stealth: [roll0]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases