D&D 5E 5e Hardcore: Monster Manual

ATroper

First Post
Hello. Just wanted to ask: how exactly is the primordial tarrasque flying? Do you imagine it having a pair of dragon-like wings, or just willing itself into the air? Been loving your stuff here and in your epic updates, by the way. ^_^

akr71

Hero
[MENTION=83242]dave2008[/MENTION] Do you have any plans to make hardcore/legendary versions of some typically smaller and/or non-evil creatures? I'm thinking like pixies and sprites - a legendary pixie queen would be fun.

A pixie or sprite swarm similar to the imp swarm would by entertaining too.

dave2008

Legend
Hello. Just wanted to ask: how exactly is the primordial tarrasque flying? Do you imagine it having a pair of dragon-like wings, or just willing itself into the air? Been loving your stuff here and in your epic updates, by the way. ^_^

Well, that is actually a mistake. I most have started with a dragon as a template and just missed the fly speed. I have corrected it (and increased the walking speed to 60 ft.) and will get it in the next download file. Thank you for pointing it out.

Glad to hear you have enjoyed them!

dave2008

Legend
[MENTION=83242]dave2008[/MENTION] Do you have any plans to make hardcore/legendary versions of some typically smaller and/or non-evil creatures? I'm thinking like pixies and sprites - a legendary pixie queen would be fun.

A pixie or sprite swarm similar to the imp swarm would by entertaining too.

I definitely plan to do smaller and/ non-evil creatures. The current planned conversions / updates are listed in the OP. Just after the Table of Contents is the "Schedule of Monsters Planned to be, but not yet, Updated."

There are definitely some non-evil creatures there, but off the top of my head I don't recall if any are small. I really like the idea of a pixie swarm, I will try to get that added. As for legendary versions, I would probably save that for the fey royalty. In fact, starting to work on the Seelie court for my 5e Epic Updates is one of the reasons I decided to start this thread. So, I do hope to added the Seelie court and other Arch-Fey at some point.

akr71

Hero
IIRC somewhere up-thread you had mentioned that you planned to put both documents on DM's Guild. Even though I can access what you are doing here, I am more than willing to reward your hard work when/if that happens, especially if its a print ready format.

dave2008

Legend
IIRC somewhere up-thread you had mentioned that you planned to put both documents on DM's Guild. Even though I can access what you are doing here, I am more than willing to reward your hard work when/if that happens, especially if its a print ready format.

Yes, I have the first "Hardcore" entry almost complete. I am not sure what you mean by print ready; however, my intent is to have a full color version with backgrounds and art similar to the MM and an appendix with easy to print stat blocks. I have also toyed with the idea of included paper mini versions of the art, but I don't have "backs" for the art and I don't want to spend the extra cash on it at this time.

akr71

Hero
I don't know what I meant either - that was hours ago ;) A pdf is all I am really looking for - full color is awesome. Some people prefer b&w for printing, but since I do the majority of my printing at work, I prefer color

dave2008

Legend
I don't know what I meant either - that was hours ago ;) A pdf is all I am really looking for - full color is awesome. Some people prefer b&w for printing, but since I do the majority of my printing at work, I prefer color

I thought you could have meant printer friendly (without backgrounds, art, and too much color) or print on demand (print to hard copy). I can provide the former, but DMs Guild doesn't offer print on demand yet.

Remove ads