D&D 5E Next up is Fighter, what do you want from UA?

Greg K

Legend
I don't know what I what from UA right now for a fighter. To be honest, i have been pretty disappointed with nearly all of the new UA subclasses from WOTC. Much like 3e, I am banning a lot of WOTC material and turning to third party and fan resources for an upcoming campaign. For fighters, I am considering the following additions:

Light armored warriors (e.g., Musketeers, Kensai Swashbucklers)? Khaalis's Light fighter variant and its archetypes
Non-magical Warrior Bard? The Fighter Archetype: Skald that I just linked above
Warlordy type? David "Jester David" Gibson's Fighter Archetype: Commander

Lanliss

Explorer
It's not bad. Something to think on and play around with.

Another one to look at, I have heard that Adventures in Middle Earth has a non-magical Bard. I have seriously considered picking the book up just for the player options I have heard are in it.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Another one to look at, I have heard that Adventures in Middle Earth has a non-magical Bard. I have seriously considered picking the book up just for the player options I have heard are in it.

Ooo good point. I have had the exact same thought.

Hoovy Kin

First Post
Essentially yes. I want an interesting sub-class that I can lovingly call a Skald. Part warrior, and part poet. Currently I feel that Valor bards miss the mark for me.
Honestly, I just don't like the spell casting aspect of it. Maybe make it similar to battlemaster, but replace maneuvers with inspiration die

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases