F. Wesley Schneider Is D&D's New Editor

Pathfinder designer F. Wesley Schneider has just started a new job as an editor for Dungeons & Dragons! He worked at Paizo from 2003, starting as assistant editor on Dragon magazine, became editor-in Chief, and left in 2017.

Pathfinder designer F. Wesley Schneider has just started a new job as an editor for Dungeons & Dragons! He worked at Paizo from 2003, starting as assistant editor on Dragon magazine, became editor-in Chief, and left in 2017.

a6271851affb4a3699c3f897df1672ce_400x400.jpeg

Schneider announced his new position on Twitter, and lists "Editor for Dungeons & Dragons" in his Twitter bio.

Zarithar

Adventurer
more white guys ...

At least they have a female designer on staff. Would have like to see more representation from other ethnic groups, but I get the "pool" is probably pretty small?

Way to be completely dismissive of his accomplishments, background, and professional skills based on his appearance. Totally unnecessary. Were you trying to create drama or provoke negative reactions? If so, congrats I guess?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
more white guys ...

At least they have a female designer on staff. Would have like to see more representation from other ethnic groups, but I get the "pool" is probably pretty small?

Why open your comment with that? Even “white guys” are covered by ENWorld’s inclusivity policies.

Please don’t post in this thread again.

Ricochet

Explorer
Here's to hoping FWS is less of a numbers/rules-for-everything guy than I expect after working for Paizo for so long. I'm really burned out on number-crunching Pathfinder. I've been playing high-level Pathfinder for a few years now, and to say it's vastly inferior from 5e D&D in speed and flow is an understatement. YMMV.

I hope FWS brings some conciseness with him to Wizards though - Paizo can nail that in some cases, and as an editor, I'd guess this is his expertise.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads