Spreading XP around

Do we have to? I mean when we have [MENTION=9849]Echohawk[/MENTION] putting out such awesomeness as the ENCyclopedia, I think the spreading of XP is a bit annoying. Not many posts deserve the XP like those, so I find myself giving XP for lesser posts. Can the numbers be tweaked? Or can that be turned off? How many do I need to spread before I can XP again?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
There's an unfortunate tendency for folks to form cliques that consistently give each other XP repeatedly. We are using XP to demonstrate how broad an appeal a person's posts have - a second and third and fourth XP from one person doesn't mean as much as a second, third, and fourth from other people. Thus, the need to spread it around.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
There's an unfortunate tendency for folks to form cliques that consistently give each other XP repeatedly.
While I sincerely appreciate [MENTION=55946]mach1.9pants[/MENTION] 's kind words, I'm not terribly fussed about XP.

However, I am now interested in how to go about joining one of the above-mentioned cliques. They sound like they could be fun, and I'm clearly missing out! Is there some sort of application form? :p

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
While I sincerely appreciate [MENTION=55946]mach1.9pants[/MENTION] 's kind words, I'm not terribly fussed about XP.

However, I am now interested in how to go about joining one of the above-mentioned cliques. They sound like they could be fun, and I'm clearly missing out! Is there some sort of application form? :p

Today's your lucky day! There is an application and interview process in the /ragequit thread right now! :)

Thaumaturge.

Nagol

Unimportant
Another simple way to find his posts is to use the functional board search -- go advanced search, choose posts and enter the user name of Col_Pladoh.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I up didn't check them all, but I KNOW some of these are still viable. Thanks, Mark CMG!

Another simple way to find his posts is to use the functional board search -- go advanced search, choose posts and enter the user name of Col_Pladoh.

Sorry -- I should have been clearer! I had no trouble at all locating one of Gary's posts to XP, but thought it still worthwhile to point out that the initial post Dannyalcatraz linked to now has broken links.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases