As an "adult" do you watch cartoons by choice?

Jhaelen

First Post
Usually, I don't; not even 'prime time cartoons'. I make an exception for anything from Studio Ghibli, though. I also have a few other favorites, e.g. Jin-Roh or Ghost in the Shell.

I couldn't stand to watch any of the Star Wars 'cartoons' because I hate the Warcraft-style computer-generated characters.

delericho

Legend
Sometimes, though not recently. I think the last was "The Clone Wars" (haven't seen "Rebels" yet.)

Also, do animated movies count? Because I watch a lot of those - "Inside Out" being the most recent.

Elodan

Adventurer
I am slowly watch the DVD series sets for:

The Flintstones,
The Jetsons,
Batman: Animated Series,
Superman: The Animated Series,
The Simpsons.

For awhile, I was watching American Dad too.

I enjoyed the Timmiverse DC shows. I'd recommend Batman Beyond too.

I also liked The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest heroes when it was on Disney. Much better than Avenger's Assemble (which I watch).

Last edited:

Elodan

Adventurer
Sometimes, though not recently. I think the last was "The Clone Wars" (haven't seen "Rebels" yet.)

Also, do animated movies count? Because I watch a lot of those - "Inside Out" being the most recent.

Sure, animated moved too. I think the only Pixar film I haven't seen is Up.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I've never seen Up either, but I've heard that the first 10 minutes of that film is one of the saddest most heartbreaking parts of any modern cartoon or children's film.

You should see Up, its a nice exploration of the grumpy old guy living on memories. It gets a bit confusing in its fantasy elements but nothing too horrible

Remove ads