D&D 5E Survivor Volo's Races: LIZARDFOLK WIN!

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
I frankly think everyone here should be ashamed of themselves that Goliath lasted longer than Kenku. Seriously...

Aasimar 9 - The only times these haven't been completely boring is when they're explicitly not called Aasimar. Hard pass.
Bugbear 18
Goblin 22
Hobgoblin 22
Kobold 12
Lizardfolk 24
Orc 18
Tabaxi 19
Triton 19
Yuan-Ti 10 - The thing about these kinds of threads is that I find myself not up-voting my absolute favorite on the list (which would probably be Lizardfolk) but the one I also happen to like quite a bit but seems in danger. I've always enjoyed the role Yuan-Ti have played in my games.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Aasimar 9
Bugbear 18
Goblin 22
Hobgoblin 22
Kobold 12
Lizardfolk 25
Orc 18
Tabaxi 18 Thundercats are LOOSE!
Triton 19
Yuan-Ti 8 Evil snake people. Yawn.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Aasimar 10 --Aas of Baas!
Bugbear 18
Goblin 20
Hobgoblin 23
Kobold 10 --You no take candle?
Lizardfolk 25
Orc 16.
Tabaxi 19
Triton 19
Yuan-Ti 8

Yaarel

He Mage
Aasimar 8
Bugbear 18
Goblin 20
Hobgoblin 23
Kobold 10
Lizardfolk 25
Orc 16.
Tabaxi 19
Triton 21
Yuan-Ti 8

There is a need for a nonmonstrous Charisma races. However, Aasimar have too much polytheism baggage. Merge this race with Kalashtar amd make their fusion more setting neutral. Just like it is possible to use their Tiefling counterpart in any setting, make Aasimar/Kalashtar fit seemlessly within any setting, especially settings where polytheism is irrelevant.

Merge Triton with 1e Aquatic Elf. So in the settings where an Aquatic Elf makes sense, just use Triton stats.

Yaarel

He Mage
For the Triton, maybe make them Charisma +2, plus Str or Con +1. Allow them to be effective Bards. Their water control abilities should perhaps especially influence the water current, something that slows or speeds movement in one direction while anything is in the water, while within 30 feet of the Triton. Unattended objects drift in this current.

@lowkey13
The purpose of making the Triton absorb the Aquatic Elf is to help minimize the D&D tradition of different kinds of Elf.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases