"Stream of Many Eyes" -- WotC To Announce New Storyline In June

On June 1st, WotC will be hosting a three-day streaming event called the Stream of Many Eyes. Similar to previous events, it will feature comedians, actors, and streamers, as the new Dungeons & Dragons storyline is unveiled.

DcIHjxiUQAAwxIJ.jpg-large.jpg

Here's the full press release:

On June 1 – 3 2018, D&D will bring tons of Twitch streamers, actors, comedians and D&D luminaries to the Stream of Many Eyes, a three-day livestreamed extravaganza full of cosplay, crazy sets and amazing stories. During the Stream of Many Eyes – #SOMEDND - the D&D team will unveil the new adventure story coming this year and showcase extraordinary D&D live play entertainment, and it will all stream live on twitch.tv/dnd.

The Stream of Many Eyes starts at 4pm PT on Friday, June 1st, with a visual tour of the studio led by host Anna Prosser Robinson and a roundtable conversation with the D&D team on the new storyline and what makes it so exciting. Dungeons & Dragons will then present live D&D play sessions with Force Grey & Dice, Camera, Action.

On Saturday, June 2nd, the livestream kicks off at 10 AM PT with Sirens of the Realms. Saturday’s games will feature well-known D&D gaming group Girls, Guts, Glory as well newer groups Rivals of Waterdeep and Dark & Dicey, all previewing content from the new story. The entertainment will run all day, wrapping up at 7 PM PT.

Four groups will perform on Sunday, June 3rd, beginning at 11 AM PT and streaming until 8 PM PT. Games will include members of Critical Role, High Rollers, Force Grey and the entire cast of Dice, Camera, Action performing together in costume for the first time.

D&D fans around the world can watch all the excitement unfold on twitch.tv/dnd, and on Sunday only, fans in the Los Angeles area can buy tickets to watch one of the live games in person. The live ticketed experience includes a curated set tour, live performances from musicians, dancers and stunt-people, food trucks, a D&D pop-up store full of merch, and of course some of your favorite gaming groups.

Check out the full schedule and buy tickets at dnd.wizards.com/some. Tickets are limited – so if you’ll be in the L.A. area on June 3rd make sure to grab them quick! Check out the D&D website, follow D&D on Twitter or subscribe to the Dragon Talk podcast feed for all the latest updates and for interviews with our special #SOMEDND guests.

You can read more here.

Rellott

Explorer
The robed figure with a winged serpent probably means Zhentarim are involved. And is that Jarlaxle with the eyepatch on the left?

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
The robed figure with a winged serpent probably means Zhentarim are involved.
Looks like it.

And is that Jarlaxle with the eyepatch on the left?
He looks bald, so it's very possible.

The Beholder doesn't have any bling, so I'm not sure it's supposed to be the Xanathar or just a generic Beholder.

And is it just my imagination, or is there a mask next to the woman (theater, not Masked-Lord style)?

Rellott

Explorer
"Stream of Many Eyes" -- WotC To Announce New Storyline In June

And is it just my imagination, or is there a mask next to the woman (theater, not Masked-Lord style)?

The man looks to be holding one as well, on a stick (the mask looks like it’s on Jarlaxle’s collar). I’m not sure what Masked Lord style would look like to know the difference.

GarrettKP

Explorer
The adventure was described as “Gangs of New York meets Da Vinci Code.” Based on this poster I’m thinking Xanathar, Zentarim, Masked Lords and Bregan D’aerthe are all fighting over some McGuffin and the PCs are caught in the middle. Maybe has a replay mechanic where the main “gang” is different based on some random factor.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Dad
Im excited at the prospect of 5e's first urban setting adventure. I do hope its Waterdeep; I love storytelling in urban settings; and the Realms has no urban setting like Waterdeep.

Cant wait for the awesome gift swag bag Im getting Sunday!

Last edited by a moderator:

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I’m not sure what Masked Lord style would look like to know the difference.

Per 3e City of Splendors: Waterdeep, a Masked Lord is pretty much wrapped from head to toe in robes and armor and Nondetection &c spells, not just a theatre mask.

I think the man behind Jarlaxle looks like Dr. Strange as of the late-1980s comic. (I presume he is supposed to actually be a member of a noble family.)

Can anybody see if the eye above the beholder is truly an iris, or is it a silhouette?

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases