Second Dungeons & Dragons Product for Fall 2018: Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage

Wizards of the Coast announced the second product for Fall 2018, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage.

Wizards of the Coast announced the second product for Fall 2018, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage.

A video promotion from D&D Beyond (linked below) aired at the end of the Saturday events on the "Stream of Many Eyes" and was uploaded to YouTube shortly after. The book will be a megadungeon that runs from Level 6-20 that details 23 different levels to Undermountain each with their own feel and theme, along with a full detailing of Skullport. It's stated in the video that running the module with weekly sessions will take at least eight months. Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage will be out November 13, 2018, with an MSRP of $49.95.

[video=youtube;wbVRQIOuI8s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbVRQIOuI8s[/video]

This is the second product announced during the "Stream of Many Eyes" event on the Dungeons & Dragons Twitch channel. The event will continue on Sunday with celebrity games and potentially more product announcements from third-party companies like Gale Force Nine. The first product announced, Waterdeep: Dragon Heist (along with a special dice set), were announced on Friday, June 1.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Abstruse

Legend
That's not necessarily everyone as it's also credited to "Wizards RPG Team" so probably Perkins, Mearls, Crawford, and/or Welch had their hands in it. When they credit it to the team, we usually don't get a full designer list until we can see the actual credit page from the book.

D

DQDesign

Also, the only thing more mind-blowing than the amount of IP Wizards has opened up for commercial use on DM's Guild is the amount of complaints about what they haven't opened up.

Anyone looking for life advice from me? Try less hard to be unhappy.

You are totally right.

Thanks Publisher for having published a setting and a half in the last four years. We deserve no more.

Thanks Publisher for locking settings you don't care about from independent developing. We could ruin them with our childish and horrible ideas.

Thanks Publisher for producing 5E products about locations and settings well-supported in the last four editions. Desiring something else is sin.

Happiness, as usual, is mandatory.

Thanks Publisher.

I wonder if you need to buy the map pack for Undermountain to use the Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Wizard adventure. http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/waterdeep-dungeon-mad-mage-map-pack

That would mean that adventure would cost 75$. 125$ if you buy Dragon Heist.

They did say the maps would be in the book, presumably shrunk down to page size. This, I imagine, would be a pack of poster-sized maps that would be rather difficult to ship with a book. So you would presumably be able to play the campaign without these maps, although having the poster maps would certainly be cooler and more convenient...

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
They did say the maps would be in the book, presumably shrunk down to page size. This, I imagine, would be a pack of poster-sized maps that would be rather difficult to ship with a book. So you would presumably be able to play the campaign without these maps, although having the poster maps would certainly be cooler and more convenient...

Hard to ship with a book, but easy in a box.

Rhylthar

Explorer
Is that some kind of Beholder Demi-lich in the background? Shades of Acererak!

So with the drow, seems like this has to something to with that beholder eye artifact folks were speculating about?

Anyways, this looks good.
I think it´s no Demi-Lich but one of the Skulls of Skullport.
The Drow might be a priestess of Elistraee.

The Githyanki on the cover seems to hint that we are ready to move away from forgotten realms. My bet is 2019 is the year of Other World’s. Undermountain would be a fine capstone to their work in the Realms.

Remove ads

Remove ads