Survivor Thread: Animated Fantasy Movies--Hobbit Wins!

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
Princess Mononoke was an amazing film. But, I didn't read and listen to the Princess Mononoke record-book over and over again as a child.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Yep. Every time I went to the library, I looked for the book and tape based off this movie. Must have listened to it a hundred times. Hmmm....now I must see if I can find a copy...

dave2008

Legend
No.

The Hobbit--12
Princess Mononoke--2

The Hobbit is great, but it doesn't stand up to either of Miyazaki's two greatest masterpieces.

Maybe as films yes, but as it relates to D&D I think the Hobbit was more influential.

FYI, there were at least 3 Miyazaki films on the list.

Sadras

Legend
Tonguez said:
I didnt particularly like the animated Hobbit, but I get to end this thread and the Hobbit is a classic.

My real favourites were knocked out long ago

Damn your eyes. And damn your tonguez too!

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
Maybe as films yes, but as it relates to D&D I think the Hobbit was more influential.

FYI, there were at least 3 Miyazaki films on the list.

True, but as classic as Naussica was, I don't think it rivals either Princess Mononoke or Spirited Away.

Howl's Moving Castle was good, but doesn't hold a candle to any of the above three.

Picking a favorite Studio Ghibli flick is always a tough task for me. But I’m totally fine with The Hobbit winning. It was a favorite as a kid, with a suitably worn VHS tape. Still enjoy it to this day (albeit on DVD).

Heck, Topcraft, even had animators that would go on to form Studio Ghibli.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Hey the Hobbit wins! Personally I liked the LOTR animated style better, such a shame it was never finished. When I win the 500M tonight I'm going to hire a team to finish it for my personal enjoyment.

Xaelvaen

Stuck in the 90s
Nope, can't complain - and the final two itself made me quite happy. Couldn't really go wrong with the winner.

Thanks for the fun thread, [MENTION=15700]Sacrosanct[/MENTION]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases