D&D 5E No Magic Shops!

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I thought you said you tried to respect a block you knew about? Is that situational?

Also, viewing in a way that bypasses blocking while enjoying the features that allow you to block others is pretty hypocritcal, don't you think? I do.
I just tend to use the app more than the website and being blocked doesn't seem to translate into the app at all. It isn't hypocritical to prefer to browse ENworld on my phone, it's just a failing of integration between the two.

And when I was referring to respecting blocks it is the blocks that I place. If I see a thread someone I've blocked has created in the app, I scroll past and continue onto other threads. After all, if people block me and I'm using the app, how would I know?

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
I just tend to use the app more than the website and being blocked doesn't seem to translate into the app at all. It isn't hypocritical to prefer to browse ENworld on my phone, it's just a failing of integration between the two.

And when I was referring to respecting blocks it is the blocks that I place. If I see a thread someone I've blocked has created in the app, I scroll past and continue onto other threads. After all, if people block me and I'm using the app, how would I know?
The hypocrisy isn't using the app, it's cheerleading for impacts that you sidestep.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
You disagree?
I guess it's more that I don't really understand what you're talking about.

Besides, in this case, they're all blocking me for a week to "teach me a lesson" and I just think it's funny that it pretty much doesn't affect me. Even when I tested out how it is broken, all it required me to do was to go to the previous page of the thread to get back to where I was. I even mentioned this might annoy some people but again, I'm fine with it.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
I guess it's more that I don't really understand what you're talking about.
I rather figured. Here it is, more explicitly. You said this:
One of the best functions of the current block system is that when I start a thread, people I've blocked can't see it or join in, I think that's a great feature.
But this is a feature that doesn't actually apply to you due to you how you sidestep blocking. It's like saying that people paying taxes is great while you cheat and don't pay yours.

And, you go on, right here:

Besides, in this case, they're all blocking me for a week to "teach me a lesson" and I just think it's funny that it pretty much doesn't affect me. Even when I tested out how it is broken, all it required me to do was to go to the previous page of the thread to get back to where I was. I even mentioned this might annoy some people but again, I'm fine with it.
You defend blocking as good while chuckling that those that have you blocked are fools because you've sidestepped blocking and can see them quite normally.

Do you not see the hypocrisy there? I mean I don't expect you to really care much, I'm just curious if you even recognize it at all -- you're cheating and advocating for the system that lets you cheat.

Just so you know, the mobile skin on the site is pretty good so you don't have to use the app. You once did to view the site legibly on a phone, but Morrus put a lot of work into the mobile skin and it works well. In fact, the app is often a worse tool than the mobile skin.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
cbwjm, if you can read this, notifications don’t always link you to only one page away from the intended post. Sometimes it’s multiple pages off. You’ll see, over time, unless you continue sidestepping the issue, in which case, yeah, it’s kind of nonsense to claim it doesn’t bother you. Of course they don’t bother you, they don’t even affect you.

And again, I’m not actually blocking you to “teach you a lesson.” I’m demonstrating that the bugs with the block system allow me to do such things, which is a clear exploit and not something any well-thought-out block feature should enable.

EDIT: And also, if you can read this, that’s just further proof that the system is completely borked and needs fixing. Can we [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] about this? Because this is a serious problem.

Last edited:

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
cbwjm, if you can read this, notifications don’t always link you to only one page away from the intended post. Sometimes it’s multiple pages off. You’ll see, over time, unless you continue sidestepping the issue, in which case, yeah, it’s kind of nonsense to claim it doesn’t bother you. Of course they don’t bother you, they don’t even affect you.

And again, I’m not actually blocking you to “teach you a lesson.” I’m demonstrating that the bugs with the block system allow me to do such things, which is a clear exploit and not something any well-thought-out block feature should enable.

EDIT: And also, if you can read this, that’s just further proof that the system is completely borked and needs fixing. Can we [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] about this? Because this is a serious problem.

Eh, Morrus likely has more pressing matters than to figure out how to fix the block hack. It's below his nuisance threshold. And, he knows, or, at least, has been told numerous times already and given the 'and?' response. Might want to make your peace with how it currently functions.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Oh, hey, @lowkey13 unblocked me! Thanks, pal. Sorry for what I said that pushed you to block me initially. IIRC, I think it was an argument about the value of gold and other currency which got pretty heated. Apologies if anything I said was hurtful to you, I know I can get pretty passionate about certain subjects, particularly when I feel my position is being misrepresented, but that’s never an excuse for hurtful language.

Remove ads