D&D 5E D&D Promises to Make the Game More Queer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Are people unable to have private discussions through PMs?

The last I was aware, as long as you aren't using PMs to harass someone, you can have discussions with another poster through PMs that would generally not be permissible under the rules of the larger forums.
But then people can't appreciate your cutting wit!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using EN World mobile app

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Are people unable to have private discussions through PMs?

The last I was aware, as long as you aren't using PMs to harass someone, you can have discussions with another poster through PMs that would generally not be permissible under the rules of the larger forums.

Then maybe Hriston should have PM'ed that to him...

FrogReaver

For the same reason it's silly to tolerate a kitchen fire until it burns one's house down.

I love the constantly changing analogies. Anything that appears to score your side points no matter how little sense it ends up making. Am I seeing a pattern here?

MechaPilot

Explorer
Then maybe Hriston should have PM'ed that to him...

Hriston probably should have PM'ed him. It's bad form to post a public response to a person who can't reply (or feels they can't reply) publicly. That said people are also flawed and prone to making mistakes, so it's not as if I'm going to make assumptions about Hriston's personality or motivations because of a single faux pas; lord knows we all make them from time to time.

Mallus

Legend
If I felt like arguing I would probably go on about vampires being asexual. Its just a guess.
Not familiar with vampire literature, are you?

I don't know any vampires.
There's an extensive literature. Might I suggest the books of Anne Rice or the film The Hunger (starring David Bowie and Catherine Deneuve!).

FrogReaver

Hriston probably should have PM'ed him. It's bad form to post a public response to a person who can't reply (or feels they can't reply) publicly. That said people are also flawed and prone to making mistakes, so it's not as if I'm going to make assumptions about Hriston's personality or motivations because of a single faux pas; lord knows we all make them from time to time.

Thanks, so I'm now awaiting an apology from you rushing to his defense when I jumped on him for the other guy not being able to respond. Something you now admit he shouldn't have posted here and thus I was right to remind him that what he was doing wasn't cool because the other guy couldn't respond.

MechaPilot

Explorer
I love the constantly changing analogies. Anything that appears to score your side points no matter how little sense it ends up making. Am I seeing a pattern here?

Not at all.

Intolerance is damaging because it diminishes those who are the target of the intolerance. If intolerance is tolerated, then that damage is allowed to continue, perhaps until it becomes irreparable. I know it's a popular internet thing to deride people as "white knights" for saying "hey, that's not cool" to intolerant behavior; but, when I was growing up, objecting to people being subject to intolerance for reasons other than the content of their character was called being a decent person.

FrogReaver

Not at all.

Intolerance is damaging because it diminishes those who are the target of the intolerance. If intolerance is tolerated, then that damage is allowed to continue, perhaps until it becomes irreparable. I know it's a popular internet thing to deride people as "white knights" for saying "hey, that's not cool" to intolerant behavior; but, when I was growing up, objecting to people being subject to intolerance for reasons other than the content of their character was called being a decent person.

That's actually a very good solid and coherent thought on the subject. You really need to teach the others how to express themselves better :)

You are differentiating between intolerance based on content of character and intolerance based on based on things external to the content of someones character!

That's a very good starting point for a discussion.

[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] : As somebody who sings with the local LGBTQ chorus (as an ally--I don't want to claim my collaborators' experiences as my own), who has played D&D with at least four LGBTQ individuals, and who has heard a smattering of the stories of exclusion--people who can't take their spouses to family reunions, others who can only go home for Christmas if they accept being called by the wrong name and the wrong pronouns--I personally thank you for confronting bigotry where you see it and for making enworld an inclusive community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases