D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder [OOC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Ok--I've been gone for a while. Again. And I apologize.

As such, I've debated long and hard, and decided that I needed to drop my games here on EN World. Not because I don't enjoy playing, but because I respect all of you, and the game, too much to continually leave you in limbo while I'm off doing whatever IRL stuff I happen to have going on at the time.

The lack of d&d gamers in this town was, I thought, particularly astounding. For the life of me I couldn't find anyone. So I went out on a limb and tried something: I started a d&d Facebook group for local gamers, and I offered up my homebrew world to anyone who wanted to participate in a kind of 'living world'. Now I have close to 100 members in the group, and I'm running one-shots once or twice a week, in addition to my regular Wednesday group who I also managed to hook up with. I am constantly getting new characters to review, and writing quick adventures on the fly while fielding an ungodly amount of FB messages. Turns out that the local community wasn't dead--there was just no outlet. Inadvertently, I have now found myself at the head of it. Our FLGS is pointing people in my direction now when someone goes in to ask about d&d. I really am gobsmacked by the suddenness of it all.

I tell you all of this so that you'll know what I've been doing, and why I've been away for so long, and so hopefully you'll understand why I have to leave my games here. I just simply don't have the time to dedicate to them anymore, and I don't want to hold you guys up. I hope that you can find it in your hearts to understand, and forgive me.

And for the standard disclaimer: If you're in more than one game with me, you'll see this message again as I copy it to the others as well.

Thank you for understanding.

-IG

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
While I am sorry to lose the game, I am pleased to learn of your incredible success bringing D&D to the masses of Wichita Falls. Be well, and thanks.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Good work at revitalizing the community. Redirect them here and reclaim your time for your games.

Ok--I've been gone for a while. Again. And I apologize.

As such, I've debated long and hard, and decided that I needed to drop my games here on EN World. Not because I don't enjoy playing, but because I respect all of you, and the game, too much to continually leave you in limbo while I'm off doing whatever IRL stuff I happen to have going on at the time.

The lack of d&d gamers in this town was, I thought, particularly astounding. For the life of me I couldn't find anyone. So I went out on a limb and tried something: I started a d&d Facebook group for local gamers, and I offered up my homebrew world to anyone who wanted to participate in a kind of 'living world'. Now I have close to 100 members in the group, and I'm running one-shots once or twice a week, in addition to my regular Wednesday group who I also managed to hook up with. I am constantly getting new characters to review, and writing quick adventures on the fly while fielding an ungodly amount of FB messages. Turns out that the local community wasn't dead--there was just no outlet. Inadvertently, I have now found myself at the head of it. Our FLGS is pointing people in my direction now when someone goes in to ask about d&d. I really am gobsmacked by the suddenness of it all.

I tell you all of this so that you'll know what I've been doing, and why I've been away for so long, and so hopefully you'll understand why I have to leave my games here. I just simply don't have the time to dedicate to them anymore, and I don't want to hold you guys up. I hope that you can find it in your hearts to understand, and forgive me.

And for the standard disclaimer: If you're in more than one game with me, you'll see this message again as I copy it to the others as well.

Thank you for understanding.

-IG

Thrilled for all the success you are having! I actually started my PBP game after the IRL, which thankfully are back, had dried up. I understand how hard it is too juggle games, so no need to ask for forgiveness. It is awesome you've created an outlet for so many people to experience D&D and play in your world. Please keep us updated on it! I will definitely miss your little sneak thief and her awful goblin crossbow.:)

I presume Caroline heard about a large wagon of gold at the BargeWright Inn and went chasing after that instead!

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=6873732]seriousmoonlight[/MENTION], as fighter 6 I get an ASI - can I take the feat?

Fell Handed
(Unearthed Arcana)

You master the handaxe, battleaxe, greataxe, warhammer, and maul. You gain the following benefits when using any of them:

You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls you make with the weapon.
Whenever you have advantage on a melee attack roll you make with the weapon and hit, you can knock the target prone if the lower of the two d20 rolls would also hit the target.
Whenever you have disadvantage on a melee attack roll you make with the weapon, the target takes bludgeoning damage equal to your Strength modifier (minimum of 0) if the attack misses but if the higher of the two d20 rolls would have hit.
If you use the Help action to aid an ally's melee attack while you're wielding the weapon, you knock the target's shield aside momentarily. In addition to the ally gaining advantage on the attack roll, the ally gains a +2 bonus to the roll if the target is using a shield.

[MENTION=6873732]seriousmoonlight[/MENTION], as fighter 6 I get an ASI - can I take the feat?

Fell Handed
(Unearthed Arcana)

You master the handaxe, battleaxe, greataxe, warhammer, and maul. You gain the following benefits when using any of them:

You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls you make with the weapon.
Whenever you have advantage on a melee attack roll you make with the weapon and hit, you can knock the target prone if the lower of the two d20 rolls would also hit the target.
Whenever you have disadvantage on a melee attack roll you make with the weapon, the target takes bludgeoning damage equal to your Strength modifier (minimum of 0) if the attack misses but if the higher of the two d20 rolls would have hit.
If you use the Help action to aid an ally's melee attack while you're wielding the weapon, you knock the target's shield aside momentarily. In addition to the ally gaining advantage on the attack roll, the ally gains a +2 bonus to the roll if the target is using a shield.

Sounds good to me!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases