Avengers: Endgame SPOILER THREAD

MarkB

Legend
So does past Thor now no longer have Mjolnir, since future Thor turned up and stole it and took it back to the future? And when future Thor was talking to past mum, and called Mjolnir to him, did he rip it out of past Thor's hand? Is past Thor standing around with a confused look on his face wondering where Mjolnir just flew off to?

(I don't remember where past Thor is at that point in time?)

It seems to be more the case that any past they visit becomes an alternate universe. So alt-past-Thor loses his hammer, but also his girlfriend isn't dying of infinity-stone-poisoning anymore.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Past Thor is used to forgetting where he left his hammer, so it's no big deal.

There are a couple of points in his movies where he holds out his hand and he... waits for a moment for the hammer to show up.

I wonder if in The Dark World, there's one of those moments just after that point, where they are hustling Jane Foster away. That would be... pretty epic.

Last edited:

Janx

Hero
It seems to be more the case that any past they visit becomes an alternate universe. So alt-past-Thor loses his hammer, but also his girlfriend isn't dying of infinity-stone-poisoning anymore.

"Oh, hi. Are you Jane Foster?"

"Oh my god, you're Captain..."

"Yes, ma'am. Would you mind bending over, I need to..um.."

"Excuse me!?"

"I just have to put this infinity stone back in you."

"That still sounds as dirty as that rabid raccoon that attacked me a few minutes ago..."

Prelude to The real reason Jane Foster and Thor broke up...

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Though as a bit of a continuity bobble - why didn't she lose to Thanos as well? Where was she?

End of Ragnarok she was on that singular ship with Thor, Heimdeil, Loki and the rest. Which is destroyed in Infinity War. But here's Valkyrie as well as Korg and Miek.

But yeah, she stepped up in the 5 years.
Thanos always kills half, not everyone.

Oh, yeah, totally. I don't MIND that they were merged. I just don't think it was handled all that well. And most of the smart Hulk incarnations (I think there's a "Professor Hulk", and Joe Fixit, and the Maestro, and...others?) took on aspects of Hulk's personality. I didn't really see that. It was Hulk body and Banner mind. Potent, but...man. It would've been great to see Banner get really really angry. :)

I suspect Ruffalo has fun with the Hulk and he might turn up a few more times.

He was a mix of both, though. His confidence and sort of jocularity is Hulk. Banner doesn’t act like that in any MCU movie.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So did anybody die in that massive battle at the end (other than Iron Man)?

And why didn’t Chewie get a medal. I mean Black Widow get a funeral?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
So did anybody die in that massive battle at the end (other than Iron Man)?

Nobody named - I presume some Wakandans and sorcerers bought the farm, but all other named characters survive.

And why didn’t Chewie get a medal. I mean Black Widow get a funeral?

I am pretty sure there's no good answer to that one.

Nobody named - I presume some Wakandans and sorcerers bought the farm, but all other named characters survive.

I am pretty sure there's no good answer to that one.

Well, the movie had an extended run time already, and it's not like group funerals are common in such scenarios. It was either Stark or Black Widow, and if anyone would have a big funeral with plenty of visitors, it's probably the rich guy, and not the spy.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases