Combat Questions

Flips

Explorer
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION]: that is fantastic. Thanks.

One last thing (I hope), are there any rules about grappling or is it just multiple str/agi vs. str/agi checks?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION]: that is fantastic. Thanks.

One last thing (I hope), are there any rules about grappling or is it just multiple str/agi vs. str/agi checks?

There's the brawling, boxing, wrestling, and martial arts skills; plus a variety of unarmed combat exploits; plus, as you say, opposed checks.

Also there are the martial arts careers in NOW (Action Careers will be out very soon; you. And see already see the careers in the draft rules document on the website though).

easl

Explorer
Evoker (requires evocation 6+). When dealing damage with an evocation spell, you gain an additional +1d6 damage as long as you are doing at least 1d6 damage to start with.

Flips, I'd suggest Deadly Strike (if your caster PC qualifies) before you pick up Evoker. Same benefit with fewer restrictions. Of course having both is deadlier than either one alone.

Which brings up a question: could a mage casting an Evoke cantrip do 1d6+1 with DS and 2d6+1 with DS + Evoker?

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Flips, I'd suggest Deadly Strike (if your caster PC qualifies) before you pick up Evoker. Same benefit with fewer restrictions. Of course having both is deadlier than either one alone.

Which brings up a question: could a mage casting an Evoke cantrip do 1d6+1 with DS and 2d6+1 with DS + Evoker?

I'm an idiot. Deadly Strike didn't even enter my mind. There we go, no need for an Evoker exploit!

Liam Morris

First Post
Hi all, could anyone give advice for setting up a combat encounter, like ratio of enemies and grades for e.g. I'm new to n.e.w and in my play test the combat with my group was tediously slow due to high soak and dodge numbers. Any help would be great thanks

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hi all, could anyone give advice for setting up a combat encounter, like ratio of enemies and grades for e.g. I'm new to n.e.w and in my play test the combat with my group was tediously slow due to high soak and dodge numbers. Any help would be great thanks

Try to make sure the max dice pools balance. That should give them about 50% chance of hitting, give or take. And make sure they’re using tactics like aim, positioning, LUC, exchanging dice for damage, and so on. If they’re still struggling, just lower the SOAK a bit and persuade them to upgrade their weapons. The PCs should wipe the floor with a group of enemies with the same MDP.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases