D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Even with the reduced damaged, it's still a risky move - but it can be a winning one.

Kalorn would comment that it's even better to get your HP from the enemy :p

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
So would Mord. He has Vampiric Touch, just has never had a good chance or reason to use it.

Kalorn uses the Hexblade's curse to do so.

I find vampiric touch... frustrating. Because it both damages and heals, the damage it deals has to be limited, and it ends up being rather underwhelming. Mord or Kalorn would do *far* more damage with eldrich blast/sword, without having to spend a spell slot.

It would be cool to build a character around using "draining" magic, but vampiric touch is just not up to snuff.

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Probably why I've never really bothered. That, and the limited spell slots. It might just go away at level 9 anyways.

Yup. One defensive spell (armor of agathys), one other spell (movement or battle field control) and.... no more slots. Sure you get them back quickly but...

Making 2 multi-class warlock has been a real eye opener in seeing why the warlock is used for multi-classing purposes so often. It makes an excellent dip, and a dip in something else can also be very beneficial to stiffen/broaden the character.

edit: getting a bit off-topic though, sorry about that!

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Yup. One defensive spell (armor of agathys), one other spell (movement or battle field control) and.... no more slots. Sure you get them back quickly but...

Making 2 multi-class warlock has been a real eye opener in seeing why the warlock is used for multi-classing purposes so often. It makes an excellent dip, and a dip in something else can also be very beneficial to stiffen/broaden the character.

edit: getting a bit off-topic though, sorry about that!
I never used Armor of Agathys either. Maybe at a lower level, but Mord relies on his tanks and tricks for defense. He's a glass cannon otherwise.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I never used Armor of Agathys either. Maybe at a lower level, but Mord relies on his tanks and tricks for defense. He's a glass cannon otherwise.
Oh it's not a good spell for your character concept, but it works for Kalorn for now. In 2 levels he will be switching to shadow of moil, which is amazing for a gish.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I'm looking forward to the croc exploding - there is a lot of damage on the table, some may be redirected towards other targets, we'll see :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases