D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Darn it, I completely forgot about the necromancy discussion of a few weeks ago [MENTION=6865745]gargoyleking[/MENTION] , I wasn't trying to spoil things :( I'm sorry.

Mord probably has a lot to teach to Kalorn, seeing how Kalorn doesn't know he himself is a warlock (there was never a formal pact after all). That's what the roleplay is about, Kalorn's ignorance of warlocks, and thus confusing Mord as a necromancer.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Okay, does he not have a pact?
He does - or more precisely, his leg does. It belonged to a champion of the Raven Queen (ie a hexblade), that was grafted on Kalorn in a mad experiment. Kalorn believes that the leg is fiendish, but he's wrong.

So far the patron has not made itself manifest. When this happens I leave to the GM.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
We'll see how it plays. I think that so far Kalorn has used one warlock only spell (armor of agathys), but I am not sure if that would have been enough for Mord to pick up on... so I guess that it's up to you?

Meanwhile, hunger of hadar is a huge "I'm a warlock!" spell, but the way I see Kalorn, his magical training is very "meat and potatoes " and he wouldn't have recognized it.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
We'll see how it plays. I think that so far Kalorn has used one warlock only spell (armor of agathys), but I am not sure if that would have been enough for Mord to pick up on... so I guess that it's up to you?

Meanwhile, hunger of hadar is a huge "I'm a warlock!" spell, but the way I see Kalorn, his magical training is very "meat and potatoes " and he wouldn't have recognized it.
Mord has known Armor in the past. Since he never really used it, he forgot it for something else. Kalorn's Thunderstep ability reminds him of his Dimension Door spell as well.

Last edited:

Remove ads