IRON DM 2016! (Sign-up and Scheduling)

Is it normal to be really freakin nervous after you post your entry? I'd say I'm always nervous when i do this, but, well... lol.

Also, if both of us have posted, can we read the other entry? I wanna see how DT used "star-crossed book"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I used it as a book important to two strongly connected lovers. At first, the book was mentioned in passing and I had used 1250 words in my entry. When I saw the word count requirement was 1500, I was able to add more details to the book's importance to the entry along with beefing up the importance of other ingredients that I felt needed support, such as the silk wallpaper. Eventually, I got to about 1480 words and stopped beefing the entry up.

And I never read an opponents entry until after I post mine, since I feel like it could throw me off and affect whatever thoughts I have together if I do. However, I did read your entry right after I posted mine. I'm always a sucker for Shadowrun. I'm holding off until the judgement before I post my own self-critique.

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Is it normal to be really freakin nervous after you post your entry? I'd say I'm always nervous when i do this, but, well... lol.

I'm often so nervous I'm shaking. I also get "poster's regret", wanting to do a final edit before I finally submit it. Doesn't matter if I've already spent two hours doing "just one more final edit". In some ways, posting is a relief because at least it's in someone else's hands now.

Well, I'm glad I'm not just getting newbie nerves, then. Also, way to nail EXACTLY what i was feeling when i posted. It's almost like you've been doing this for a while lol.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Well, I'm glad I'm not just getting newbie nerves, then. Also, way to nail EXACTLY what i was feeling when i posted. It's almost like you've been doing this for a while lol.

Yeah, I think I've competed in maybe five Iron DMs now? I repost all my entries onto my "storage blog" so I can find them later and I just counted and have 13 entries. So, yeah, been doing this for a bit. Only doing it once a year means I've never gotten over it. It's not as bad as the first couple times, however, and last time I only shook for half-an-hour! :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases